Chinese-Forums

Dong Bei Hua

js6426

So I did some searching and found a great video on Youtube and one on youku with a few dong bei hua phrases and words.  I was wondering if anybody knew of anywhere else to pick up this type of vocab?  Since watching these videos I have been hearing this stuff multiple times a day, and even just the fact that people are saying 啥 instead of 什么 has helped me an incredible amount!  Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Jonny

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If you want to learn Dong Bei Hua (东北话) then the best way is just to listen to any of the many TV series which are set there. My favourite is Dongbei Yi Jia Ren (东北一家人), which personally I find hilarious, but also anything featuring Zhao Benshan, such as the Liu Lao Gen (刘老根) and Ma Da Shuai (马大帅). I'm no expert on Dong Bei Hua, but I think most of the actors are actually from Dong Bei (mostly Liaoning), so the expressions / accent should be pretty authentic. 

Weirdly there seem to be almost no written resources on Dongbei Hua in English. If you can read Chinese, this link has a lot of typical Dong Bei Hua vocab, such as Maitai 埋汰, Zei贼, Za咋, Sha啥, etc: http://fangyan.h.baike.com/article-851123.html

• Helpful 1