Chinese-Forums

WeChat problems after latest update

Shelley

Has anyone else experienced problems with WeChat after the last update?

I can open it but then it just randomly closes without allowing me to do anything.

Any suggestions for fixing it?

Thanks for any help.

Are you referring to version 6.6.8? I am currently being prompted to install it. Based on your experience, looks like I'd better wait.

Can you roll your WeChat back to the previous stable version? I've never tried doing that myself and cannot walk you through it. (I'm the last one in the world who should be answering phone tech help questions.)

Also, I see a "help and feedback" section top right on the screen, in a menu which appears when I tap the "+" sign. And, under that, my phone includes a trouble report which says, "Describe your issue using at least 10 characters so that we can help troubleshoot your issue. 0/200" It allows me to attach a screenshot there if I wish.

It seems to be version 6.5.8. Trouble is I can't send a trouble report because it doesn't stay open long enough.

Going to try the uninstall reinstall root.

Will let you know how it goes.

You can try searching and downloading an older version that works https://www.google.com/search?q=wechat+old+version&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I usually use uptodown.com or apk4fun.com. If you don't trust a third party, there are some really old versions on the official site http://www.wechat.com/en/updates.html

So I uninstalled and reinstalled and now I can't login, I have all the relevant info, wechat id, password, associated mobile number but it just goes round and round wanting me to log in. I have gone direct to wechat via my PC and sent a error message as it were.

They reckon it will take 24 hours so we will see.

So I have given up trying to log in. It just goes round and round asking me to log in. It doesn't say I have enter any details incorrectly and it gives all the right signs that it is working right up to the point where it says logging in then it just goes back to the log in page and asks for all my info again. I have tried logging in using SMS, using my we chat ID and password, and trying to start a new account just tells me that this telephone number is linked to "my account" and did I want to continue logging as me? when I say yes it just goes back to the login screen and the whole process starts again.

My email to the support team has had no response some 4 days later, so I have uninstalled it and will just not bother for the time being. I might check if there have been any updates or solutions to this problem in a month or so.

Its not a big problem for me I really only used it to read chinese news but I have just installed CGTN so I can read the news directly from their website.

I installed the latest update this morning. No problems from it yet. (6.5.8)

Here's a forum that has some Weixin tips, and it looks like one can also post a question there.

http://www.hackhome.com/zt/weixin2017/

Got to say I hate it when things go wrong with these multipurpose social apps. Really hard for me to figure out how to fix them. I usually walk over to the Xiaomi store across the street where I bought my phone and let some of the smart, geeky guys and gals who hang out there have a go. Sometimes I even take a box of pastry and several cups of to-go coffee from McDonald's.

Thanks for the link but the fact it is in chinese and it is techno speak I am completely lost.

I may go back and leave another message via my PC. I am not too stressed as I don't have any contacts that are important because I haven't had a conversation with any of them for at least a year and I don't use it to pay for anything so its not a problem not having it. Its a shame that's all.