Chinese-Forums

HSK standard course book

Anthony P.

I have used HSK 3 standard course book. It was recommended by my Chinese teacher and I also think it is very useful. It has similar texts, audio and grammar. I don't know about the books for HSK 1 and HSK 2. But overall, when I will be preparing for HSK 4, I will grab this book. 

This series is designed by Hanban as the authoritive material to hsk exams. It has textbooks and seperate workbooks available at each level.

I have used the HSK2 and HSK3 textbooks and found them to be quite good, I was instructor lead and am not sure the grammar points or exercises at the end of each chapter are particularly easy to follow without guidance. I think the text books really encourage you in HSK3 to move away from pinyin to reading Chinese characters by separating out the dialogue texts and only having pinyin for reference a section after.

I never made as much use of the workbooks, although they are very good basis for test practice, as far as I'm aware they do not contain any answers (at least not in print) so you would need help from

someone or to acquire answer sheets online to see if you are getting correct answers.

the other positive is that these are all very newly made, so very up to date