Chinese-Forums

Criminal background check in or out of China?

Shenzhen_GUY

• New Members

Hi guys, first thank you for helping with this question.

As we know the whole visa system has changed to the ABC talent cards.

But regarding those who are changing jobs and staying in their field of work, where does our security background check need to come from?

This has been a very confusing and sometime recently a career ending saga in parts of China, because you can't get a security over night if from your own country.

So here is an example of our issue: #1. Shenzhen, China allows those who have worked in China over 1 year to get a security background check within China and notarize it Shenzhen, Futian district when it comes to changing jobs./ but / #2. For those who are changing jobs in Shanghai the "rumor" is you gotta get a background security check from your home country no matter how long you've worked in China.

How can we actually know? Why are some city allowing and not allowing local background checks? Where do we check?

Can you share your knowledge and experience please?

Thank you

The ABC talent cards... is actually called the FWP, the Foreigner's Work Permit.

Simply put, you'll need a background check from your home country. I grew up in Australia and am currently using a Dutch passport, although I've never been to the Netherlands, I can use an Australian criminal background check.

The criminal background check can be from your national police, state police, any level of police really, or even the court as I've read.

It will then have to be authenticated and stamped by either the Chinese embassy in that country or the embassy/consulate of that country in China.

If you're applying before July 1st, you should be able to apply for your FWP without the criminal background check and authentication provided that you deliver it within the following 2 month (IIRC). Your school most likely wont know anything about this option.

You used to be able to use a local check with the old system, as far as I'm aware in the new system local checks wont work. If you hear of a city where they are allowing them please do share and I'll get in contact with them and find out the exact details of what they're doing.

• New Members

Well

Actually you wrong, I just got my approval in Shenzhen for an RP, I used the criminal background check I got in China because I have only lived in China for 10 years. So I guess we need to sum it up to some cities will have a different way of doing things. BTW we call them ABC as the nick name, I am a B, Chinese level HSK3