Chinese-Forums

5QCHANNEL Reading Website

Geiko

I was offered a one-month free trial for a Chinese learning site, 5QCHANNEL . I entered the ID and password to have a look, so the trial will expire in a month from now, but in the next few weeks I'm going to be very busy, so I thought that maybe I could pass the ID and password to someone else who can really use it and write a review about this website in the forums. The website is mainly in traditional characters, I think. Is anybody interested? 

• 6 months later...

Hey, just thought I'd update. So I didn't waste the account. I checked out the resources. To be honest, there is a strong focus on using these resources to structure formal classes around. The resources are child focused, and insufficient on their own for self-study. That said, if I wanted something I could sit down with my kid with and work through, I would consider using some of these materials if my access were free. As it stands, the only use I can see in paying for these is for someone who wants colourful, engaging animations to use as complements to their class, with lots of premade materials like slidedecks which they can base their curriculum around. In short, a professional Chinese teacher who's willing to fork out cash for this kind of thing. Not really a resource for learners at all, and certainly not one that;s targeting anything else.

Also be warned, many of the resources are Flash-based, which is always a disappointment, but especially so now.

Ultimately I give this a "I was not the target customer" out of 10. I gave it a fair crack, but I could not find a way to utilise these materials in a way that was actually helpful to my studies.

That said, the animations are great, audio is high quality, etc. The interactive quizzes are rather poor though, and because they're flash-based, one can't really do anything about that unless they want to copy everything out manually by sighting and typing.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1