Chinese-Forums

Will Samsung's S8+ international phone work in China

Sonny Foxx

• New Members

I'm trying to find out if the Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Model: SM-G955FD) International version phone will work on any of the Mainland Chinese networks. This is the dual-sim version of the international phone, but if the single sim version (SM-G955F) works then this one should too.  I've already determined that the phone has the bands that Unicom and China Mobile uses.  The question is: will either of those networks "accept" the phone?  If you have one working or know someone who does,  I'd be VERY grateful to found out.

Thanks!

Sonny

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Hi Sonny,

Did you manage to find an answer for this?

If not, I may be able to add some value here. Firstly, I know a couple of tourists that have been or are in China with the S8 (using China Mobile SIMs), there is no problem from a technical point of view. As for being accepted on a network; never heard that question before.

Cell companies, as indeed most companies in my experience, want your money. If your device operates in a signal band that the cell provider offers and is not SIM locked and you use one of the local Cell company SIMs, thereby providing them a revenue stream, I think you'll find they are very welcoming.

For reference, the tourists have been or are currently in Beijing, Chengdu & Nanjing (current).

Cheers,

David.