Chinese-Forums

going to BLCU? Introduce yourself here!

etcetera24

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'm Angela. I'm from Vancouver, Canada and I will be studying in Beijing from July 18th to August 29th! ( I just bought my plane tickets today!). I am studying Chinese because..hm.. I don't know why. I went to China with students from my high school in summer '04 and I loved it! That September I started my first semester at Uni. began studying mandarin and I have just finished my 4th semester of. Yaaay!

Also, my friend Craig will be coming to BLCU. Anyone else in BJ while we are and want to hang out? Send me an email:) blueicelight@hotmail.com

Sorry guys, I was away for a while and I kinda missed all the discussion on the other topic regarding going out to get a drink...Have you guys set a date or something?

And I can't believe I still haven't got in touch with BJFSAC! Won't they just pick up the damn phone?!

Sorry guys, I was away for a while and I kinda missed all the discussion on the other topic regarding going out to get a drink...Have you guys set a date or something?

And I can't believe I still haven't got in touch with BJFSAC! Won't they just pick up the damn phone?!

Hi mate,

No dates set as yet... and as for BJFSAC I got throught to them on the first attempt... also my first attempt at speaking Chinese with a Chinese person in China... I think I have a room booked... and they also replied to all my emails as confirmation... so far so good... now just hope its there when I get there...

Ok, now I feel bad...Can you give me their e-mail, please? Did you have to deposit something or you'll just settle everything there?

My flight was cancelled and I couldn't book a another one, so I should get there on July 10th at 18:30. Hopefuly it will be all okay.

Is anyone else staying at BJFSAC? If so, it would be easier to meet dowwstairs or something

well im buggering of to beijing on the 20th of June !!

im on 6 week summer course at BLCU (cant wait)

anywho Stewart !!

im at Nottingham Univeristy doing Management with Chinese Studies -- so where kinda close on kinda the same course.... would be cool to meet up when we have both left our fine academic institutions

!!

james

postmaster@qmhjzx.com is the email address (not that it matters much now looking at your last post) and as for...

Ok, now I feel bad...Can you give me their e-mail, please? Did you have to deposit something or you'll just settle everything there?

My flight was cancelled and I couldn't book a another one, so I should get there on July 10th at 18:30. Hopefuly it will be all okay.

Is anyone else staying at BJFSAC? If so, it would be easier to meet dowwstairs or something

I didnt have to send a deposit and according to the last email I got I just rock up Monday evening, and then next morning pay for the duration of my stay (in cash)... I will arrive a couple of hours after you (20:10 approx)... Downstairs sounds good...

Do they read English? Well, I just expect they let me know when the "under maintance" rooms may be rented.

Maybe if I'm lucky, I can still get a room there even though I arrive at night.

Yeah, that would be great. We really should meet downstairs for dinner or breakfast, since we have to go BLCU on tuesday anyway.

Do they read English? Well, I just expect they let me know when the "under maintance" rooms may be rented.

Maybe if I'm lucky, I can still get a room there even though I arrive at night.

Yeah, that would be great. We really should meet downstairs for dinner or breakfast, since we have to go BLCU on tuesday anyway.

Yep they do, well at least Helen does... (thats the person who keeps replying to my emails)...hope it works out... see you there...

• 2 weeks later...

"I will be there (along with a small contigent from Uni of Westminster in London), but our course starts 13 Jul so I will be flying in the 10th... Good luck with it mate."

I am part of the contingent from the University of Westminster, too! Leaving UK on 10th and landing in Beijing 11th - just waiting for my visa now. So exciting!

I emailed the campus about accommodation and they said: "Since you are a scholarship student, BLCU will arrange the accommodation for you so please do not worry about it."

Does anyone know if this is true even if the scholarship only covers tuition?

Da jia hao~~

My name is Marquis and im from the Uk, been in beijing 15 days from today and studing at the BLCU.

suggested information to share:

- Marquis

- England

- Currently on a 12 week program but trying to extend this for another 1 year.

- there are so many reasons why i wish to study chinese, culture, history, language to name but a few.

Hello...

first name: Amanda, my chinese name is something along the lines of huang ming jie

where are you from: Seattle, Washington

program duration: July 13 - August 23

why are you studying chinese: I picked up a little bit of mandarin when I was younger and would like to improve my speaking ability as well as attempt to learn how to write.

I can't wait! :mrgreen:

Sure, sounds good to me!

I'll be getting a Chinese cell phone to use in a few days so I'll get you the phone number soon, that way it'll be easier for me to meet up with you guys later. I'll actually be in Beijing starting June 24, but I'm going to be volunteering at an orphanage on the outskirts of the city for a week, then touring China for another week with some friends.

~Amanda