Chinese-Forums

i'm an orphan. does it affect Chances Getting student visa?

hkdude

So I had to accept agency services as the time already is running out.

I do not think this is a good idea.

You can always try a different Chinese embassy. This depends on how far is the next Chinese embassy, some countries are smaller and it is takes only a couple of hours to cross the border, some countries are bigger and have many Chinese diplomatic representative offices. 

We always complain how there is too much corruption at our countries and we want to move to a better country where there is rule of law, human rights are respected and so on. 

Think about why you want to study abroad. 

• 3 weeks later...

That's great to hear!

I know it's not helpful after the fact, but just for anecdote's sake: applying for a visa to China while in Canada is virtually always done through a registered third party agency and not through the Chinese consulate/embassy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hkdude said:

Someone from France has told me about that as well. It has become de-facto "Standard" Policy

It's standard in Australia too.  There's an official agency that handles all vis processing for China. 

Also in the UK it is standard.

Also, Chinese people wanting to go to the UK have to do the same thing. There's an official agency you need to go to thatdo all the application leg work then the actual application is sent to an office of British people for them to accept or deny it. 

On 22/07/2017 at 5:05 AM, ChTTay said:

Also in the UK it is standard

US$150 to get in the door of the agency though? Hard to say without knowing where the OP is and what he's paid all in, but I suspect there's even more money landing in someone's pocket than there should be. 

The UK official visa centre application fees are 36/48/54 GBP. That's normal/express/postal.

Yeah, the 150 dollar fee seems crazy. Need to know if it was a random agent or the official visa centre. If it's the visa centre, could it be reciprocal pricing? Perhaps the USA charges a big fee for Chinese people? I really don't know...

My friend had to pay 350 pounds for 2 visas recently. It was a normal postal service to cover a 7 week stay in China. Mad.