Chinese-Forums

can't remember weixin password..

Pengyou

I requested them to send me a link by email to get another password, but have not received the link - have tried this three times. The email that I used is a Hotmail email, if that makes any difference. What can I do?  What is the domain that tencent uses when responding to this kind of request?

Is there a way to handle it just via your smartphone? Something sent to your phone would probably work better than asking them to use e-mail. So far as I recall, my Weixin account is linked to my phone number. If you have left Shenzhen and no longer have a China phone number, then I don't know what to suggest. 

Do you have another way to contact your Chinese friends outside of Wechat, such as QQ or Weibo? If so, try the 'friend confirmation' password reset option. I had to have a few friends help confirm my account when I got a US based phone and my Chinese phone no longer had service to receive login codes. 

• Like 1