Chinese-Forums

Mistake on JW202 form

BanjoSlice

Hi guys, apologies if the topic already exists. I searched but couldn't find it. My question is the University sent me a JW202 form with a mistake on the funding source with a tick being placed on self supporting instead of scholarship. Am wondering if this is O. K or will it affect the visa application. 

It won't affect your visa application. JW202 forms are issued for partial scholarships. Only CSC winners will receive JW201. In case of doubt, why don't you contact your ISO directly? They're usually pretty helpful.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm actually in the same situation. But they haven't even released the CSC results for my university, so I don't know if this means I didn't get it or something. I've emailed the university and am waiting a reply, but I'm quite worried now.

• Like 1

If they don't reply to your email, just call them.  I find that calling them usually gets things done quicker than email. My university mistyped my date of birth on the JW202 form, so I called them. The new form arrived at my address within a couple of days

• Like 1

Update: Apparently I need to apply for the visa as a self funded student now. So am wondering can the visa process be affected by this last error where my full name is written under family name. I mean if my name is John Doe on the JW202 the whole thing is written under "family name" and given names is left blank. Thx 

Edited by LanceGonza

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...