Chinese-Forums

How to join the PLA as an overseas Chinese

The Humble Worker

Or then you've got the essential part of any Chinese regulation - the catch-all

其他不符合征集服现役政治条件情形的。 - any other circumstances which make you unsuitable for recruitment.

Prove me wrong if you want, but it's not happening. And crucially, fixating on citizenship and military service may well prevent you actually building up a solid relationship with the country.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Humble Worker said:

so I searched up this political background test in Baidu

Wow, very impressive searching skills! I wouldn't have had the faintest idea about which keywords to use.

I hope you're not too disappointed by the answer. Well, you have some time to think about other career paths.

1 hour ago, roddy said:

If you want, we're still a good place to get advice - on learning Chinese, studying in China, jobs. Have a think and put up a new topic if you like. 

Absolutely, will do when I finish secondary school and need help with picking university. I'll just browse around here and look at interesting topics for now.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Humble Worker said:

Well I guess it's pretty clear now that the chances of an overseas Chinese joining the PLA are pretty low, and I just have to accept it I guess. Thanks for the help everyone, I think I'll start planning a different path of my life, because a policy change that would allow me to join doesn't seem very likely to happen. But if it does happen, let me know! 

I just want to compliment you for looking at the facts at hand and changing your opinion. There are many people (regardless of age) that are unwilling to change their mind even after being presented with new facts. Throughout this thread you continuously responded respectfully to new information and asked reasonable questions.

Good job and the best of luck with whatever path you take. 

• Like 4

• New Members
5 hours ago, 艾墨本 said:

I just want to compliment you for looking at the facts at hand and changing your opinion. There are many people (regardless of age) that are unwilling to change their mind even after being presented with new facts. Throughout this thread you continuously responded respectfully to new information and asked reasonable questions.

Good job and the best of luck with whatever path you take.

I'm only new here, but I agree with this fully, for a 15 year old, you are remarkably polite, even though I thought some of the responses you received were a little cutting, the internet might be a nicer place if we were all a little more like you.

I hope your pleasant streak stays with you no matter what path you follow.

Good luck.

David.

• Like 4

Thank you Ai Moben for formulating what I was thinking as well. It's a pleasure to have the OP visit this forum. OP, I wish you all the best, and come back whenever you have questions.

• Like 3