Chinese-Forums

Work / student visa tricky situation

Kherith

Hi,

I didnt know what title to write. I have a little problem that I dont know how to sort out.

I was working and studying chinese at the university at the same time last semester. Right now, I am back to my home country and supposed to go back to China only to study chinese. Indeed, I have decided to stop my job and I have noticed my employer.

So, I wanted to cancel my work visa and apply for a student visa. However, the university doesnt reply to my calls for weeks already and I will never receive the original copy of the JW202 form to apply on time (if the uni decides to reply one day...). So I dont really know what to do.
My best option would be to go back to China and cancel my work visa once there and apply for the student visa. However, I think I cannot apply inside China, right ? What should I do ? Can I apply from Hong Kong ?

Also, my friend there told me I shouldn't ask my company about my visa yet and apply to the student visa once there because he thinks they didnt even think about cancelling my visa but they will if I talk about this with them. How does Z visa cancellation works ? My plane is on the 31st of August, would the airport police in China know if my visa is cancelled ? As there will be no notice on the passport.

I really dont know what's the best solution for me... Thanks.