Chinese-Forums

Cancel a departure while having work permit

Zora4201

• New Members

Hello guys, I'm having a delicate situation (please forgive my English, I am French).

In last March I've applied for a job as a French teacher in a university in China. (Which begin in the end of august)

I've gathered and sent all the paper and documents needed and after she forgot to add the permit in attachment(?!) she finally sent me the work permit which one I can get the visa Z but I haven't sign any contract now. The headmistress said it will be done once I arrive in the city. But I dont have any information about clauses of the contract.

During all the processes of sending document Headmistress answers was very spaced, even when I was mentionning that I needed a quick answer. Sometimes I had to wait 3 weeks for an answer and never had any videocall with her.

I started thinking if this person was trustful or not and it was a great idea to work with her. An other friend was supposed to go to this school too but as she was too late with her document, the headmistress told her she could work with them in 2018-2019. Anyway I just can't go there anymore because I had to make some personal decisions while I was waiting her to answer to my mails. I couldn't wait more but now she's telling me that I have to go absolutely.

Is there for me a risk to be blacklisted and be prevented to work in China in the future even if I haven't signed the contract ?

Any advice would be welcome :s

Thank you in advance.

When applying for an invitation letter (境外申请外国人来华工作许可通知 ) through the FWP application system, the third scanned document requested to be uploaded is your contract聘用合同或任职证明 (包含来华工作时间、工作地点、工作内容、薪酬、职位、签字盖章页即可).

Without a signed contract I'm not sure how they're even going to get you an invitation letter.

I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

• Like 1

Kindly tell her to (unkind words here). Idiot didn't even send you a signed contract which is absolutely necessary to avoid any bait-and-switch in your contract terms after you've spent all that money to get there and are less likely to back out. Like mentioned above too, I think it's legally needed to be hired even....

There is a small chance this idiot's dad is 李剛 and you're now screwed. But I'd say you're fine most likely.

• Like 1

If you can't go, you can't go, and any future problems will have to be worried about in the future. I'd send a polite but firm letter stating that due to the delays you are no longer available. Maybe say you'd hope to work with them next year. 

• New Members

Thank you to all of your reply, it's helpful for me. So if I understand well, there is still a small chance to be blacklisted even if for now I've never signed and seen any contract. If I reply her again, I think she will try to kinda force me like "you have to come absolutely because we got the work permit for you" so for now I will let her wait as she made me wait her replies during the process so badly. But to be honest, the situation is stressful.