Chinese-Forums

JW201 and passport number

kouch

Hi guys, I hope you are all having an amazing day.

I went to the Chinese embassy in France to get my JW201 and I realized the passport number is wrong : it's my old passport's number.

When I applied to Renmin University, my passport was about to expire. So the international students office asked me to renew, which I did. I then provided them my new passport number. Unfortunately, for some reason, today I realized it's the old passport's number that's written on my JW201.

So I contacted the ISO and I was told that I could come on a tourism visa which I don't want because my flight is booked already and it's a one-way flight, I don't want to take a return. Now, I know that obviously I cannot show up to the consulate with my current new passport and this JW201 that shows another passport number. But the thing is, I still have my old passport with me so I was wondering if maybe I could show them my two passports... ?

I will check with them obviously but who knows maybe one of you has the answer to this issue or a solution !

Thanks !

I would hope that if you explain the situation to the embassy, and show any relevant correspondence with the university, that they will do what they can - perhaps they give you a tourist visa without requiring a return flight (if they do require a return flight, get a fully-refundable one and then cancel it once you're in China), perhaps they can give you a student visa anyway. And there's no reason you can't show the two passports, just to explain the situation.

@roddy Hum thank you very much, hopefully it will be fine... I'll take an appointement and see what I can do !

@aymen I think those things happen often so let's hope they have solutions for that ! I'll call the consulate tomorrow i'll let you know. Maybe some people here who went through this can also help us !

I have the same situation, I just emailed the Chinese Embassy of Finland and they just replied me and told me not to worry about it. They asked me to bring a copy of my old passport, and original / copy of my new passport. Hope that it will be fine!

I agree with Noora, I think you should bring the JW201 with your old and new passport. This is your proof that you just had your passport renewed but at the time of the application, you only had your old passport. It might help if you call your local embassy as well, just to confirm.

You'll get in one way or another - you've been accepted to a major university and (I think) have a CSC scholarship? You're basically the embassy's favourite type of applicant. The consul might drive you to Beijing himself.

• Like 1