Chinese-Forums

Postponing a CSC scholarship

simplet

Hi everyone,

I applied for the CSC this year, and I got fucked in a marvelously absurd way. Basicaly I was selected for a PhD scholarship, then was accepted by the school and the professor, but since the teacher I selected hadn't notified the university of her interest in me (I have been in touch with her for a year), the university didn't put her on a list of professors that can take foreign students (there is apparently such a thing). Since I study linguistics and I wanted to go to a cognitive science laboratory, the only professor actually on the list refused to take me because his work was not related to linguistics (also, he apparently didn't want to take foreign students!!)

The result of this madness is that I have my CSC scholarship ready at the embassy, but no university to go to. I seem to remember some people in this forum postponing their scholarship until the next year, but I emailed the CSC and they said I can't, I can only re-apply next year. Now I'm afraid if I give up the scholarship this year it will impact my (potential) application next year, and the sheer terror is making me consider giving up everything and becoming a monk.

If someone successfully postposed a scholarship, how did you do it?