Chinese-Forums

ummm naming?

chris.

Ke Li Si is a terrible name. Your Chinese friends are insane. I have much experience giving foreign people and companies Chinese names. An example of a cool Chinese name for a guy would be "Jun" (steed)

It is not necessary for your Chinese name to be a direct transliteration of your English name. Be creative and have fun with it.

Agree with Quest (I think). Just use your own name, or the closest available equivalent given the phonotactics of Chinese. If you were going to France, would you pick a special French name? I bet you wouldn't even call yourself "Christophe", just Chris, right?

Go with "Jun" if you were born in the year of the horse! If you were born in the Rat year, then think of some other gimmick.

If you want a name from Chinese history then consider none other than Cao Cao. Every time Chinese folks mention your name, you suddenly will appear out of nowhere. (shuo Cao Cao, Cao Cao jiu dao!)