Chinese-Forums

Does cancelling a Z visa cancels the residence permit ?

Kherith

I'm not quite sure I understand your question, but...

When you get a new Visa/Residence Permit all your previous visas & residence permits are cancelled.

You do need to re-register with your local police station after changing or extending a visa/residence permit.

When you arrive to China after obtaining a Z visa, your Visa should become a residence permit. If you enter the country with a tourist visa there is no residence permit, you just have a tourist visa that allows you to stay in the country X days. Sure you have to register.

Kherith, once your get your residence permit your Z-Visa is automatically cancelled. You can't have both at once. The two stickers may both be in your book, they may both look great, but only the newest one is valid.

If you applied and got for a tourist visa, then your residence permit has been canceled.

Ok thanks. Apparently, they dont do registrations on week ends (but they ask to register within 24 hours ? xd).
One more question : I will turn my tourist visa into a student visa (hopefully, according to the university). Do I still need to register before going with this process ?

You should need to register your address before getting a new visa.

Just do it after the weekend, a day or two doesn't really matter, but make sure you get it done and don't lose the piece of paper they give you. Once you get your student visa, you'll also need to do it again.