Chinese-Forums

A Greek in China

kiriakos

Dear friends,

I am from Greece and I have just finished my studies (Electrical Engineer). I would like to work and live in China. I would be very grateful if you could please inform me about anything that might help me. Is there a Greek society in China? Where can I search for a job? etc...

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

ks

Finding work as an electrical engineer could be tricky, as you would be competing with all the Chinese electrical engineers. You'd need to find a role that needs someone foreign, which is probably going to be something like overseeing work for a foreign company in China.

In the UK there's a Britain China Business Council (or something like that). There's probably a Greek equivalent, and they should be able to give you a list of Greek businesses working in China. The Greek embassy here may also be able to do the same. You could start by getting in contact with them, and even if they can't offer you work they should be able to advise you.

Roddy

Or, in the meantime, if you're fluent in English, you could always find work as an English teacher. That would at least get you SOMETHING in the way of work...then you could actitvely seek something in your preferred field.

Just a thought... :conf

Dave, yes it is possible to teach Greek. Just google and you will be surprised.

I know that there is currently a position at a university in Ningbo and recently there have been teaching positions in some of the major ciites.

OP, just try searching using google ("teach Greek in China). There were a number of teaching positions which were being advertised.

You should be able to contact the schools/universities directly to see if they still ahve any positions available.