Jump to content
Learn Chinese in China
  • Why you should look around

    Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

    Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 

TEFL Agency - Visa Query

Recommended Posts


In my teaching contract (not yet signed) it stipulates that 'Party A' will be responsible for the keeping of my ''Foreigners Work Permit'' ID card? I asked the question why to which I was told, ''You can have it. Because the work permit is an e-permit. We apply the work permit at the foreign expert bureau and will get a digital version. When we have it, we will send it to you via e-mail.''


I just wondered if anyone else out there who has already been through the whole visa process was aware of 'e-permits'? Does this sound like standard procedure to you?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.


There is no e-permit.


The only semi-digital document is your Notification (invitation) Letter which is used to apply for your visa. (Sample Here)


The company submits your information online to SAFEA, once it's passed inspection the company downloads the Notification Letter as a PDF and sends it to you.


You take the Notification Letter to the embassy and apply for your Z-Visa.


Once you enter China with your Z-Visa you apply for/get your Foreigner's Work Permit, an ID card. (Sample Here)


You use your Foreigner's Work Permit to apply for your Residence Permit (Your new long term visa).

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



You can view your information online, by scanning the QR code on the card, but I wouldn't call the information on a webpage an e-permit.


Maybe they mean they'll keep the physical card and give you the URL from the QR code?


If it were me, I'd want the physical card.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Employers sometimes like to keep hold of documentation. There can be dubious reasons for this (it'll make it harder for him to run away / complain) and less-dubious but still not very good ones (That last teacher lost his and I had to do loads of extra work).

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now