Chinese-Forums

Li Yinhe is My Hero 李銀河:另一種女神

陳德聰

Haha yes, I consider that show to generally be an exercise in killing off brain cells, it's just the shock of her popping up in the middle of it that I think made me take notice. I don't know what it is, but I like to just hear and read her talking about things.

That interview is endearing and the whole ridiculous "scandal" over her supposedly being a fake straight woman was so transphobic it has me shaking my head even now. The frankness and the well-read way that she talks about sexuality is refreshing too. I have to keep reminding myself that hers is a story that is still pretty "fresh" to many people in China, just like her research.

Edit:

Also I'm sure it's somewhat problematic to go around calling older people cute but honestly I find her so adorable as well: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wMyL5RlVt9w talking about her novels!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roddy said:

credit to her for being game for that.

It's probably not nearly as bad to be on it as to watch it. After all, the annoying sounds and all are aftereffects.

I don't agree with all the points she makes there (people have been having sex for fun since the invention of sex, that's not a new development) but it's pretty great to see someone (especially a Chinese woman) talk about such topics so calmly. She doesn't even have a hint of a giggle when she says she's writing an S&M novel. That is awesome.

• Like 1

@roddy and @somethingfunny

Someone on YouTube cut out the intro and the follow-up comments which I think should pop up in related videos, but I actually enjoyed her talking about the appeal of studying something that is basically unheard of in China more than I enjoyed her condensed points on marriage.

Like Lu, I think it's awesome when she talks so nonchalantly about SM on "tv" (it's a web show this one lol but still).

• Like 1

I just don't... how can anyone watch that? I keep expecting them to cut to live footage of Katniss Everdeen hiding up a tree. 

Right, I'm going in. If I'm not back in 15 minutes I've probably been overcome by an uncontrollable urge to eat KFC. @somethingfunny, you'd better be right behind me!

Heh, accidentally played the first 15 seconds to the whole roomful of people...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 陳德聰 said:

I actually enjoyed her talking about the appeal of studying something that is basically unheard of in China more than I enjoyed her condensed points on marriage.

Me too!

Another thing I liked, and I'm a bit hesitant to say this because it's pretty bad to critique a feminist icon on her clothes, is her fashion sense, or rather, her lack thereof. She's apparently totally fine going on tv wearing an unflattering and rather ugly sweater topped off with a bandanna that makes it appear she has no neck. I wish I could pull that off. At one point in my life I considered going into academia so that I, too, could wear whatever the hell I felt like every day, but I think even in academia it is no longer okay to wear frayed shirts or ugly sweaters. (Fortunately, I'm now a literary translator and can indeed wear whatever I want because barely anyone sees me.)

• Like 1

WTF!! One of the presenters is dressed up as Colonel Sanders!!!!

Producer: Hey, cameraman, randomly cut to a shot of someone drawing a cartoon of her!

Cameraman: What, in the middle of a sentence?

Producer: Yeah!

Me: 喷饭

Hang on, they're having sensible discussion. Wasn't expecting that. 

Alright, the on-screen graphics and so on aside, that was actually decent. Thanks, 陳德聰

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 陳德聰 said:

Does anyone have any recommended readings? Favourite interviews?

There's a feast for you here!

http://www.ximalaya.com/search/album/kw/李銀河/page/1/sc/true

I wish there were more readings by her, she has a beautiful voice and very clear diction. Anyway, lots of good listening in these pages.

《同性恋亚文化》--李银河(同性爱情,同志,gay)is really good, credit to Ximalaya for podcasting the whole book.

http://www.ximalaya.com/63710018/album/6894664/

the anchor is not very clear (too nervous, I sympathize) but it's worth sticking with it for the content - perhaps download and play the mp3 at a slightly lower speed. He improves a lot in the later chapters.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2017 at 11:40 AM, Luxi said:

《同性恋亚文化》--李银河(同性爱情,同志,gay)is really good, credit to Ximalaya for podcasting the whole book.

http://www.ximalaya.com/63710018/album/6894664/

and if you were not fast enough, sorry to say, you missed it.

根据有关法律法规和政策
该页面未通过审核