Chinese-Forums

Bonsai pot

apb

• New Members

Hi everyone!

I have recently acquired this bonsai pot and was told it was bought in Hong Kong ~40 years ago. From the limited research I've been able to do, my best guess is that it is a Yixing from the cultural revolution period (although I'm not really sure). I'm looking for some help with translating the engravings on the pot so that I can start working on a tree to match the overall concept of the saying & artwork :). I've been able to decipher kiln/artist chop marks on most of my pots, but I'm really having trouble making out the script on this one!

Is the first group of characters the family/kiln name? The only word I may have figured out is the one following that... I think it may be shadow? ( 影 ) and also ( 一 ) at the end.

In terms of the branch depicted on the other side... are those plum blossoms?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1.jpg

2.jpg

7 hours ago, apb said:

In terms of the branch depicted on the other side... are those plum blossoms?

I am afraid the characters are too difficult for me as they are a running or grass script which are not easy to read.

But the blossoms are probably not plum as plum trees have their blossom before their leaves, from the shape of the leaf I would hazard a guess  that it is cherry blossom.