Chinese-Forums

1994 Beijing VH1 Star

kevcal

Hi, first post ;)

Back in 1994 I was working in Beijing for a couple of weeks (believe it was October, (it was expocomm 1994) but I could be wrong about the month).

Whilst there,  in my hotel room I had (I think) VH1 playing a lot of the time the evenings.. I recall a female VJ doing amongst other things, a parody of Michael Jackson's Thriller at the time.. Her playing his girlfriend.. 

Anyway my real question is about 2 or 3 songs that I've had stuck in my head all these years..

One was a girl singing (I believe it was probably the top of whatever music chart was playing) and all I recall is her singing whilst lying on a beach... 

Another, the video appeared to be about two friends, who appeared to fight to the death at the end of the video..

There were others and I know my descriptions are sketchy, but is there possibly a chart list somewhere for that time or does this trigger any memories with anyone..?

Very little chance I guess in tracking down these songs but thanks for reading this far anyway :)

Kev

No clues on that wikipedia page, but interesting to read.

That song is quite old, I think (from what I recall) all these songs were of 1994..

Being English, unfortunately I couldn't (then an probably now) differentiate whether these songs were actually Chinese or not.