Chinese-Forums

Applying for the Chinese Government Scholarship via my chosen Chinese university

keyimiles

• New Members

大家好!I am planning to apply to Beijing Language and Culture University (and hopefully receive the Chinese Government Scholarship if I'm lucky), and I have a couple of questions about it.

1) I'm pretty sure I already have the answer to this question but I want to make absolutely sure: can I receive and use the Chinese Government Scholarship strictly for a Chinese language program? Or do I have to enroll in a graduate degree program (I already have my Bachelor's degree)? If I can just do a language program, can I choose to enroll in that language program for 1 year, 2 years, etc.?

2) I don't know who else is having this problem lately, but at least from my computer here in the United States, I'm having trouble connecting to many (if not most) English versions of Chinese university websites. Specifically, I'm having trouble connecting to BLCU's website. Can anyone who's successfully enrolled in a Chinese university on one's own give me any advice on the best way to apply to these universities? I often find that, even when I CAN connect to them, the websites are very unclear and disorganized (at least on the English side).

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!