Chinese-Forums

Foreigners driving for 滴滴出行

hongputaojiu

I've talked to the Didi drivers before and they've told me you need to pass a test to become a Didi driver.  I'm guessing that is a written test, so your Chinese better be pretty good to pass.

Second, as roddy mentions, be careful with Visa issues.  As a foreigner to legally work here you need to have a work permit, which is sponsored by your company.  I know it happens, but I don't think it is fully legal for people to be working in China on a tourist visa.  In the case of working for Didi, i don't think Didi is going to issue you a proper contract and work permit for driving with them, so it could get really tricky on the visa situation, especially if there is an accident or something happens.

Report back and let us know what you do.  Curious...

• Like 1

interesting and thanks for the tips! @vellocet I also have a 三轮车 so this is a step up for me ;-) Actually I just thought it would be an interesting experience to chat with locals in a different context, certainly not related to making money.

Seriously the visa issue the the most important, as my work visa is tied into not only work but kids study fees, housing allowances, etc., so this would definitely not be worth risking. 

Having said that I did run it past my HR, and they reckon if I can actually get registered the they will have a look at it, haha.

I will let you know if I have any success or not!

• Like 1

China has legally regulated ride-sharing, I would be happy to see that citizens of countries where this is not legal are able to do this in China. 

Question: what are the actual regulators for Didi drivers?

I did a quick search for the test questions for the Didi drivers and found this.  http://www.xiazaiba.com/jiaocheng/18782.html

Not sure how you study for some of these, for example the question on a customer not picking up the phone call after booking and the requirement to call him three times prior to canceling his fare.  There must be a Didi study book or link to a Didi driver site for studying that comes after registering.  

• Like 1