Chinese-Forums

Kunming's Yuantong Temple 圆通寺

abcdefg

What a beautiful peaceful place! It's wonderful to see that it is authentic,  free from hordes of tourists, vendors and scattered rubbish. So well kept too! I could spend a lifetime there...well, at least a few happy months in retreat.

Thanks so much for sharing!

• Like 1

You're welcome, @Luxi -- Going there always gives me a feeling of peace. From my casual observations over the years, it seems a large percentage of visitors are locals who just want to spend 20 or 30 minutes of quiet time away from their usual duties. They come, burn some incense, say some prayers and then leave to return to their jobs. 

IMG_20171019_130217.thumb.jpg.0952640ed6f2f0bf8814370a7a77db4e.jpg

@Somethingfunny-- I guess those turtles must have been cured of their lethargy, because they seem to have wandered off. Either that or they were stolen in the deep of night and eaten. What an impure thought!

• Like 1

I've worked on a few texts that use that sort of Buddhist language so used to spotting them; had a good dictionary of the various terms but lost it in a house move a while back. Over the years a lot have come into everyday usage and shifted meaning which makes everything a bit more confusing too, wonder if that's the case with 圆通 too?

• Like 1