Chinese-Forums

China Humanities: The Individual in Chinese Culture [MOOC]

Luxi

Finding where to post MOOCs announcements in these Forums is as frustrating as searching for teeth in a chicken, so I haven't bothered lately. However, this MOOC seems probably too important to leave out.

"China Humanities: The Individual in Chinese Culture", an 8 weeks mooc (Massive Open Online Course) from Harvard University has just started in edX and is still open for enrolment. One year in the making, it is a welcome event for those who enjoyed the ChinaX series. 

The lectures are in English and with English subtitles and transcripts. I'm sure Chinese subs will be added eventually. What you'll learn:

Cultural traditions that are revered in China today.
How to interpret Chinese philosophical texts.
How to analyze and appreciate masterpieces of Chinese literature.
How to see the “individual voice” in visual works.

Instructors include: Peter Bol, Michael Puett, Eugene Wang, Xiaofei Tian, Stephen Owen and Wei-yee Li. 

The course is free. Participants can obtain a verified Certificate for around $100 (£74) on completion of the mooc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, I'm always up for a bit of Michael Puett.  I'll take a closer look at this one.

I thought we had a place for talking about MOOCs?  Where did we do all the discussion about that annoying "The Charm of Chinese Characters" one or whatever it was called?