Chinese-Forums

HSK 6 What was your score?

Clarabelle

• 7 months later...
On 12/2/2017 at 10:57 AM, RogerGe said:

I was only about HSK4 level when I signed up for it in March, and then I was about HSK5 two weeks after April, and then I was HSK6 level by the end of June.

No offence but this doesn't seem possible. You're saying you learned 3800+ words and 1500+ characters within 3 months? Plus all the associated grammar and listening? It seems far more likely that you were already near HSK6 level in March. 

14 minutes ago, Beelzebro said:

No offence but this doesn't seem possible. You're saying you learned 3800+ words and 1500+ characters within 3 months? Plus all the associated grammar and listening? It seems far more likely that you were already near HSK6 level in March. 

You're assuming (s)he not only passed the test but can use the content. If your sole goal is passing HSK tests, you can study for the test and get the grade. But, I agree with you that (s)he was likely closer to HSK 6 at the start of this whole process.

4 hours ago, Beelzebro said:

1500+ characters within 3 months?

Assuming RogerGe is a heritage learner who already speaks and understands a reasonable amount of the language, then the words, listening and associated grammar issues are likely already solved.  That leaves 1500 characters in 3 months, which is 500 a month or ~15 a day.  A large amount, but not impossible with the right determination.

• Like 4