Chinese-Forums

Will it affect my scholarship if I didn't attend the exam?

Jabri

Hi everyone, I'm currently studying Chinese language for 1 year under the CSC scholarship at Ocean university of China. My biggest concern right now as a scholarship students is do I have to sit for the test/exam ? Is there any consequences if I fail the exam or didn't attend the exam at all? I really can't write any hanzi at all. I only know that scholarship students must attend class but I'm not sure about passing the exams.

So, when I came to study in OUC, I choose a class which is a bit higher than at my current ability. I made a mistake about the characters. The content in the teaching materials that we use is manageable given that I spend a lot of time preparing before class for the new vocabulary, speaking, and reading. So, I completely forgetten that I also have to learn the characters. Overall, I can follow the class, talk with my teachers and classmates but when it comes to writing, there's a huge gap between my writing skills and other abilities. 

Is there anyone who had the same experience ? Please help. I really appreciate your reply.