Chinese-Forums

I'm foreigner and I live in Guiyang. Looking for work

nexus

• New Members

Hello everybody,

I'm native french and come from Belgium. I live in Guiyang(Guizhou province) now.

I can speak speak english too but not really chinese.

I'd like teach some french or even looking for other work in Guiyang but the big problem is I have no relatives and no friends to help me.

Thanks for reply if you live in Guiyang or think someone can help me in Guiyang.

Best regards.

Fabrice

Well, there are universities in Guiyang, maybe some students would like to study the French language.

Here is some info (in Chinese) for Chinese students who wish to study in France.

http://fl.gzu.edu.cn/s/64/t/385/p/1/c/811/d/850/list.htm

Maybe go to the office and look for a bulletin board where you can add your information.

Or try to make a phone call to the teacher that heads the exchange program and who might speak French (陈老师, phone number on the webpage above)

By the way, does your visa allow you to work?

• New Members

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer and about the infos.

No, I just have a normal visa.I don't known if this visa allowing me to work or not.

But I think if I need to change my visa if find a job.

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Fabrice

@DavyJonesLocker

Maybe the OP is on a student visa for an English-taught program, and allowed to work X hours per week as long as the uni okays it.

Maybe the OP is on some kind of visa for "foreign born Chinese" and I have no idea what these allow or not regarding work.

Or maybe the OP has obtained the Chinese nationality somehow...

@edelweis

Open to correction naturally but 

On 11/11/2017 at 3:45 PM, edelweis said:

Maybe the OP is on a student visa for an English-taught program, and allowed to work X hours per week as long as the uni okays it.

It's the government that grant working visas, not the university's. 

Maybe the OP is on some kind of visa for "foreign born Chinese" and I have no idea what these allow or not regarding work.

Well given he said he was French native

and doesn't speak Chinese the odds are he is not.

Or maybe the OP has obtained the Chinese nationality somehow..

Then you wouldn't need a visa. 

End of the day if he is just doing part time teaching the reality is can teach and just turn a blind eye to the visa issue. It's China. 

3 hours ago, DavyJonesLocker said:

It's the government that grant working visas, not the university's. 

I was referring to being legally allowed to work a few hours per week while on a long term student visa/student residence permit, after getting approval from the university. Or has this been repelled already?

3 hours ago, DavyJonesLocker said:

the reality is can teach and just turn a blind eye to the visa issue. It's China. 

Until there's a crackdown and he gets fined and/or deported (happened a few years ago).

On 11/11/2017 at 6:09 AM, nexus said:

No, I just have a normal visa.

Excellent. Then you can just follow the normal procedure for people on a normal visa wanting to get employed in China.

Hi edelwise, 

I was told by my company (state owned) that x1 and x2 visa can't work even part time. The language school I was in lat year also said the same. So I'm just going by that. Maybe it has changed

As for my comment about working on a student visa, well we can only point out the reality of what happens to aid posters here. They can make their own mind up but information from people living here is always beneficial. I don't want to encourage anyone either way, but reality is many many students do work doing private lessons and chances of getting caught is highly unlikely. Done working full time 10 years and more on a spouse  visa etc. However working for a school there is a chance the police will turn up one day and ask for everyone's workers permit. This did indeed happen to several schools in the Beijing District a few years ago.