Chinese-Forums

Expanding a business to China.

thechamp

Hi guys,

I am currently on an incubator programme being paid to develop a technical prodcut in a small team and we were recently visited by a Chinese delegation (I chatted to them in Chinese and even through a Chengyu in!). Anyway, the delegation were from LianYunGang Development Zone in JiangSu. I guess it's kind of a tech sector like the ones outside Taipei/Shenzhen. Anyway, afterwards the staff and my team got excited about either going into the Chinese market, or potentially going for the governmental funding to bridge the gap between UK and Chinese technology research. (There's quite a bit of UK governmental funding for this now).

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has experience expanding a technology business to China, or putting together a consortium with a Chinese partner, in order to apply for government funding (e.g. Innovate UK funding).

Thanks!

LOL you're a sheep among wolves, you're going to be eaten alive.  Go read chinalawblog.com for a few hours, they have tons of posts about people just like you and how they got utterly screwed.  "A consortium with a Chinese partner" means they steal all of your tech and kick you out of China.