Chinese-Forums

A minor Kunming park 昙花寺公园

abcdefg

I am going a delicate shade of envious green:mrgreen:

This is the sort of place I would spend a lot of time, relaxing, reading, listening to the birds and the general hubbub of people and life. A place to sit and embroider or crotchet, practise writing or just contemplate my navel.:P

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I've never spent enough time in Kunming to feel that I've seen all there is to see. On the contrary, I'd like to spend more time there, but alas, like most other people, use it mainly as a connecting point to more remote places in Yunnan.

• Like 1

Ah this brings back memories. I am fairly certain I have been to 昙花寺公园  a way back in 2007. At that time china was a bit of a mystery to me so maybe I need to dig out the old photos to check for sure. I have only been to Kunming twice and really had a nice feel to it. 

Actually before I came to China, Kunming was my first choice but alas, for one reason or another I ended up in Beijing. Its not a city I am overly fond but as with many people,  work opportunities are often confined to big cities.

3 hours ago, HuayangAcademy said:

Have you been to the Taoist temple out on Tudong road, 

Great place

I'm not sure. Could you tell me where it is? For example, what part of Tuodong Road 拓东路, near what cross street?

It's the cross roads of Tuodong and Beijing roads. 

I've also recently heard about the Ma Family Courtyard in central Kunming, 

Seems like another place people don't know about it. 

Can't even find it on Google etc. 

From what I've heard it's a beautiful old building with interesting architecture and they have minority dance, singing and tea ceremony etc. 

Hopefully visiting Wednesday so can report back!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuayangAcademy said:

It's the cross roads of Tuodong and Beijing roads. 

Not familiar with it. Look forward to hearing your report. I do know of a nice historical tower 塔 at the corner of Tuodong Road and Baita Road, across from 斜对面 from the 绿洲宾馆 GreenLand Hotel. Pretty sure it's where 白塔路 got its name.

Don't know anything about the Ma Family Courtyard, however. Would be interested in your impressions.

Welcome to the Kunming Explorer's Club!

• 2 weeks later...