Chinese-Forums

Visa got refused - please tell me why?

sultan110

It says 不受理 which simply means they’ve not accepted it for processing outright.

I’m no visa expert but it seems kind of lazy to write “rejected” under “Other:______” and then tell you you need to figure it out yourself.

• Helpful 2

Have you been to China before?

Or do you work in a media-related company?

Were you born outside the U.K? Are you ethnic Chinese? (If not, it's odd they refused to translate the notice.)

Were you applying for just a standard tourist visa, or a student visa, etc?

Lots of ways an application can go off the tracks, but some more background would be helpful.

(By the way, to my ear 不受理 doesn't sound like they formally rejected your application, but simply refused to accept it. The distinction is important: if your application has been formally rejected, then you need to disclose that on any future visa application.)

19 minutes ago, 889 said:

(By the way, to my ear 不受理 doesn't sound like they formally rejected your application, but simply refused to accept it. The distinction is important: if your application has been formally rejected, then you need to disclose that on any future visa application.)

Yes, 不受理 is “not accepted for processing”. I was flippant in calling this “rejected” in my comment re: clerk laziness.

I don't know whether it will help you, but here's a site that contains some basic info on applying for a Chinese visa:

http://www.visarite.com/china_visa_form_common_problem.htm

If they continue to reject you, look on the bright side: there are a good many very knowledgeable "China hands" who are refused entry, and the number is on the increase.