Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Hello everyone!

I am applying for CSC scholarship 2018 too. So glad that there's a thread like this since I'm a bit confused along the process of preparation.

I have three concerns:

1. Is there anyone applied for Chinese language course successfully via other program than EU WIndow?

2. I have studied Chinese for nearly a year and just took HSK test. However, to sit an interview or written test on field of study is totally out of my league. I have contacted university reps and they say my Chinese proficiency must be comparatively high for me to be accepted (even though we are supposed to have one year preparatory language course). I would like to ask if there is any case in which student with limited or without Chinese ability has managed to get the scholarship for degree program?

3. How soon we need to submit documents to Chinese embassy in order for our application to meet with university's deadline?

Hello, 

I am currently looking at courses *a bit early I guess* but I am wondering if I wanted to try for a course in Chinese without the required HSK Level, would I automatically be enrolled on a pre-language admission program, or do I need to apply for those first and reapply at a later point? The funding indicators seem to show 1-2 years for language preparations in addition to the course itself (I intend to study for Masters level).

Thanks,

Aaron

• Like 1

On November 28, 2017 at 5:49 PM, trinhmai said:

1. Is there anyone applied for Chinese language course successfully via other program than EU WIndow?

2. I have studied Chinese for nearly a year and just took HSK test. However, to sit an interview or written test on field of study is totally out of my league. I have contacted university reps and they say my Chinese proficiency must be comparatively high for me to be accepted (even though we are supposed to have one year preparatory language course). I would like to ask if there is any case in which student with limited or without Chinese ability has managed to get the scholarship for degree program?

3. How soon we need to submit documents to Chinese embassy in order for our application to meet with university's deadline?

1. Yes, via a Chinese embassy, but applicants for degree programs might have higher chances and you have to check the actual call for application when it comes out. They will write the requirements including if they accept language students. 

2. I would be more worried if you would be able to do your homework once accepted, Chinese universities do not have enough experience with teaching international students. 

3. You should check both deadlines, if the university has an early deadline, you should get in touch with them as soon as possible. 

15 hours ago, AaronUK said:

I am currently looking at courses *a bit early I guess* but I am wondering if I wanted to try for a course in Chinese without the required HSK Level, would I automatically be enrolled on a pre-language admission program, or do I need to apply for those first and reapply at a later point? The funding indicators seem to show 1-2 years for language preparations in addition to the course itself (I intend to study for Masters level).

If an applicant has the right HSK certificate, this person does not need a preparatory language course.

You can apply without an HSK certificate or a lower level, like Level 3, but if other applicants submit more competitive application documents, already fulfil all the admission requirements, your chances to get this scholarship might be lower. 

Are you planning to apply through an embassy using their agency number? 

1 hour ago, HuayangAcademy said:

Anyone having issues accessing University/CSC Websites, 

One of our students ( coming next semester) is studying with us before going to a Chinese Uni and cannot access the csc website. 

I would assume the CSC website is being updated for the 2018 application round. This student won't be able to apply for a scholarship to study next semester, she would have to wait until starting school in September 2018. Probably new information is being added to the website and it will be ready for those of us applying in the next few months, then if successful, we can start in September 2018. 

• Like 1

I want to apply for a bachelor’s degree course or 1-2 year language course. I need to apply directly at a university because there is no csc scholarship program organised in my country (new zealand)

but according to this website here - http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/newsdetailen.aspx?cid=66&id=3074

it seems I can’t apply directly to a university other than for a master and doctoral course. Does anyone have any experience applying to a university for an undergraduate or language course?

8 hours ago, Lexel said:

I want to apply for a bachelor’s degree course or 1-2 year language course. I need to apply directly at a university because there is no csc scholarship program organised in my country (new zealand)

but according to this website here - http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/newsdetailen.aspx?cid=66&id=3074

it seems I can’t apply directly to a university other than for a master and doctoral course. Does anyone have any experience applying to a university for an undergraduate or language course?

Hey, @Lexel, I have met thousands and thousands of students, almost all of the international students who are enrolled in a bachelor's degree program have received a scholarship where the Chinese embassy in their country of citizenship had nominated them. 

You can check the websites of the universities. They usually have older documents with lists of past recipients of their scholarship. Try to see if you can find undergraduate students. 

There might be other ways to fund your bachelor's degree. Are you set on the CSC? What are your specific needs? That you want to be in China? Have you tried the newly-established international universities such as NYU Shanghai? There might be other scholarships. 

As far as I can tell you need:

1. A bachelor's degree program. 

2. China.

3. Funding. 

BTW 

Do you know what you want to study? You can try the International Campus at Zhejiang University, because they offer scholarships to undergraduate students, but only 5 majors (undergraduate) are taught. I think this campus might have something for you.

http://www.intl.zju.edu.cn/en/nav/programs-study

Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University in Suzhou

http://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/en/study-with-us/admissions/scholarships

XJTLU 

You can try other universities and their websites. 

I would like to apply for Masters program through UNESCO fellowship. It requires a  “Certificate of Language Knowledge” , signed and stamped by the certified language institutions or language tutors. I do not have IELTS/TOEFL. Have anyone applied through this program?

Can someone explain me, who is "certified language institutions or language tutors"? Is it any random, certified language teaching centers for IELTS/TOEFL in my city?  or any University/School? or any particular department/personal of United Nations located in my country? I searched internet, could not get much information about it.

If someone could guide me, It will be helpful. 

Capture.PNG

Hi guys,  

Getting ready to apply in 2018, but please does anyone have info as regards the quality of schools with architecture programs at masters level in China?.  

Also is there any one from Nigeria who can help with information as regards application via the Chinese embassy in Nigeria. Thankz

2 hours ago, Sujith EsWe said:

Can someone explain me, who is "certified language institutions or language tutors"? Is it any random, certified language teaching centers for IELTS/TOEFL in my city?  or any University/School? or any particular department/personal of United Nations located in my country? I searched internet, could not get much information about it.

If someone could guide me, It will be helpful.

The letters in blue look like a clickable link, have you fully explored that website? I don't know that much about the UNESCO fellowship, my experience is limited to the CSC. Maybe other people can help you. 

Hello friends, Since I posted this on old 2017 thread but didn't get any response so I will ask again on 2018 thread.

When I apply for same year CSC scholarship how do I get my physical examination form done in China? (I am in China when applying for next year CSC scholarship)
Do we need to submit actual physical examination form that CSC mentioned or we can submit another form? I was thinking to go to physical examination center for visa and foreign expats in my city. They have different physical form and it is usually done when coming to China for the first time. Will that examination work or I need to submit the other original 1-page form that CSC mentions? Had anyone with similar experience? 

Thank you :)

8 hours ago, Angelina said:

The letters in blue look like a clickable link, have you fully explored that website? I don't know that much about the UNESCO fellowship, my experience is limited to the CSC. Maybe other people can help you.

The letters in blue is the Certificate which I need to get signed.

Capture.PNG

7 hours ago, Ampicillin said:

When I apply for same year CSC scholarship how do I get my physical examination form done in China? (I am in China when applying for next year CSC scholarship)
Do we need to submit actual physical examination form that CSC mentioned or we can submit another form? I was thinking to go to physical examination center for visa and foreign expats in my city. They have different physical form and it is usually done when coming to China for the first time. Will that examination work or I need to submit the other original 1-page form that CSC mentions? Had anyone with similar experience? 

The physical examination has only 6 months validity. You need to submit the physical examination form from the CSC website, with sealed photograph of the applicant, signature of the attending physician and the official stamp of the hospital.
Government hospitals are preferred more accurate. In your case, can be done from physical examination center for visa and foreign expats of your city in China.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 4:27 PM, Angelina said:

On 12/12/2017 at 8:19 AM, Lexel said:

Hey, @Lexel, I have met thousands and thousands of students, almost all of the international students who are enrolled in a bachelor's degree program have received a scholarship where the Chinese embassy in their country of citizenship had nominated them. 

You can check the websites of the universities. They usually have older documents with lists of past recipients of their scholarship. Try to see if you can find undergraduate students. 

There might be other ways to fund your bachelor's degree. Are you set on the CSC? What are your specific needs? That you want to be in China? Have you tried the newly-established international universities such as NYU Shanghai? There might be other scholarships. 

As far as I can tell you need:

1. A bachelor's degree program. 

2. China.

3. Funding. 

BTW 

Do you know what you want to study? You can try the International Campus at Zhejiang University, because they offer scholarships to undergraduate students, but only 5 majors (undergraduate) are taught. I think this campus might have something for you.

http://www.intl.zju.edu.cn/en/nav/programs-study

Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University in Suzhou

http://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/en/study-with-us/admissions/scholarships

XJTLU 

You can try other universities and their websites. 

Hi Angelina, thanks for being such a big help

I want to study either chinese language or television/film directing

You’re right about those three things being my criteria, but i’d settle for 1-2 years non degree chinese language study if i was unable to get an undergraduate scholarship

Do you know anything about a CGS notification? The Beijing Film Academy told me that this is a document issued by the chinese embassies to acknowledge that the csc will fund my studies. Unfortunately the chinese embassy here in New Zealand doesn’t work with the CSC. Instead, the confucius institute organises Csc scholarships in New Zealand but only students currently studying here in ther final year can apply.

Hi all! I lurked on this forum last cycle and now I'm getting ready to apply, very excited :). Thanks for the info everyone has compiled in this thread, especially Angelina, this is life-changing information.

My mandarin vocabulary is around 2000 characters which I think puts me between HSK 4 and 5. I've got a few questions:

• Should I do two years of language study? (I'm interested in a Master's in Film)
  • Does my year (or two) of language study have to be at the same university as my master's program?
  • Does getting a Master's in China qualify me for a work visa or do I still need 2 years of post-graduation experience?

Thanks everybody! And good luck!