Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

47 minutes ago, Obafemob said:

Someone told me that to prevent disqualification in the CSC schloarship I should not apply elsewhere besides one institution. Could this be true cos some FAQs I have read encourage/allow multiple applications by registering differently on the CSC portal.

Please someone should shed more light on this..........I dont want to be disqualified. I have applied for more than 3 schools

eyinlojuoluwa

About applying to many universities, nobody can really say the risk involved, only CSC can give a true answer about it. Most people apply to multiple Universities to increase their chances but sometimes it can backfires, for example you maybe selected by two universities but when your name gets to CSC for approval, you maybe denied the scholarship atleast because of mix up.

@GeologistMajor

I think you sound real sir. But come to think of it in this way; if you apply to many schools and may be three or two gave you admission, I think you will have to accept offer from one school before the school will send your name back to CSC. I am thinking the school will first send you a congratulatory message and ask you to accept the offer to secure your placement. After you have done that, the school will then send your name to the CSC for final selection before CSC will then send you congratulatory message. I think if someone do not want to be disqualified, you must not accept more than one offer.

I also heard that even if the university have offered you placement, CSC have the right to deny your acceptance. But I am not that sure of all these but it could be this way.

@Obafemob

You are welcome and an advice I give you, if you want your tutor to be willing to give you funds for your research create a good rapport with him. The moment you arrive China try contacting him, some universities the first months you just go classes and no contact with your teacher. If your teacher never has seen you is very unlikely that he or she will support your research, keep in touch and since your first year discuss your project in case is not of his or her appeal. 

Good luck with the application.

• Like 1

@ajkihn

Thanks so much for your reply. I applied to Wuhan University as well, but I dont think I need to send the hard copy of my credentials to the school as it was not stated in the application. I have applied through CSC site and I have uploaded the CSC form into their site. Do I need to send my hard copies?

Please shed more light

@Eyinlojuoluwa Sorry, this is the right information about the HSK of score certificate to apply at Zhejiang University.

Applicants for Chinese-taught programs of literature, history, philosophy, education and law should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 210,or HSK certificate of level 5 or above; applicants for other Chinese-taught programs should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 190,or HSK certificate of level 5 or above.

I think all designed universities for CGS need hard copy because they must send the hard copy of the candidates to CSC to be approved. This is about note that is at Wuhan website.

Please note:

1. Incomplete application document or wrong university code information will not be accepted.

2. In addition to the above application document, the university has the right to require the applicant to provide other materials if it is necessary.

3. Applicants are not required to send us hard copies of applications document  until early April when we notify the applicants who passed the preliminary evaluation of the university to send us all the hard copies of the required document.

You can see on this link http://admission.whu.edu.cn/scholarship/show-5058.html

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

So I'm not sure I'm totally clear on everything about the application process, but after putting my 3 preferred schools on the CSC application, I should NOT apply directly to those schools right? At least that seems to be the consensus? But what if there's a particular school I'd rather go to that I may not get the scholarship for? For example say I want to goto a school, so I put it on my top 3 for the scholarship, but I want to go to it regardless of getting the scholarship, I can't apply to it directly in addition to applying for the scholarship?

Good day my people

Please I need your assistance about this. I applied to Zhejiang university and on the application portal, under APPLICATION DOCUMENT, I found this information there

incomplete (HSK/PHYSICAL CHECK FORM)

I dont know what they mean by this because i sent my PHYSICAL EXAMINATION DOCUMENT with the documents I sent to the school.........

Please what do they mean by that??

Someone should help me. I sent email to them but they didn't reply

Hello, 

Who knows Shanghai Gov. scholarship deadline for Fudan university?

This is for @ajkihn since you are at Wuhan University. I would like to ask you if they have One Belt One Road scholarship? I checked the website and they mentioned about it but it says existing students studying in China cannot apply? I am an existing CSC master student and would like to do PhD.

@Ampicillin

They do have the One Belt Scholarship, if you get in the admission system it appears and there it says the deadline, I’m on my phone right now so I can’t verify the deadline.

if you’re currently student in Wuhan University you cannot apply, but if it is in other university you can apply for it.