Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Hi guys, does anyone have any idea how the verification of the documents and applications is done? I have applied through the embassy (bilateral program). Do they check the documents mentioned in the online application or  the ones that are sent to them(hard copies)  or  they verify both? I know it is such a weird question but I realised, I HAVE MESSED UP a lot in my online application. Would be more than happy to receive suggestions as to how to correct the application or anything that is useful. Thankss.

• New Members

Hi guys, is there anyone who applied to Shanghai University? What’s your statuses? Mine has been stuck for ever on “ application passed department of Shanghai University “ does this mean I have been rejected, no more moving forward? I check it almost daily lol. Those people don’t even respond to emails.

On 4/19/2018 at 11:44 PM, shamaziav2@yahoo.com said:

Here's my situation: School A is my first choice, school C is my third. School A doesn't give pre-admission letters, but I don't want to submit the pre-admission letter for school C in the embassy application and have C take priority over A. I also have direct applications to each school, so I'm wondering if it would be better just to not submit a pre-admission letter for the embassy app, and instead submit it with the direct app. 

Look at what is important to you. To get into a school or to get into School A? 

On 4/19/2018 at 10:28 PM, ToussaintWilliams said:

Wow, in my application, I named Peking & Tsinghua as my top two choices for Non-Degree Language Studies, but only BLCU got back to me with a Pre-Admission letter. Looks like if I do get the scholarship in July, I’ll be placed there.

Anyone know what student life is like at BLCU compared to Peking & Tsinghua?

Yes, for a non-degree language course, BLCU is the place to go. 

On 4/20/2018 at 2:47 AM, Neesy said:

Question, after receiving the award letter from the embassy, the letter said to pre admission letters so I tried applying to Fudan but not reaching to the application form plus it asks for program code and I can o ly find codes for summer. Any help?

Fudan has early deadlines, be careful with that. 

On 4/20/2018 at 6:20 PM, Ampicillin said:

Off topic: My ZJU online status updated today from: Documents received: complete. Has anyone else also ZJU status updated as well? For my friend, Status says: Incomplete documents (Missing language certificate). I would like to know if anyone knows how strictly they require HSK score now? Would they consider his application to bypass without HSK? The course is in English medium and they didn't mention anything about HSK score for English medium programs.   

I submitted older HSK exam (prior to 2010) certificate and it seems like they are fine with it. What I came to know is all universities ask HSK certificates for degree programs even if the program is in English medium is that true?

For,  English medium programs they are Ok with the older HSK versions certificate and for Chinese programs they require latest HSK certificate? If anyone (Maybe, Angelina) knows anything about such criteria would be helpful. Thanks

I assume that an older language certificate is better than no language certificate. ZJU is very strict in general, but they also give you feedback. 

Hey, my final decision is that I will not be applying this year. 

@Ampicillin and @Nnedi Ugo  have both a) experience with the application process and b) are applying this year, so I hope they would be able to contribute here. 

On 4/22/2018 at 2:50 AM, joonie said:

Hi guys, does anyone have any idea how the verification of the documents and applications is done? I have applied through the embassy (bilateral program). Do they check the documents mentioned in the online application or  the ones that are sent to them(hard copies)  or  they verify both? I know it is such a weird question but I realised, I HAVE MESSED UP a lot in my online application. Would be more than happy to receive suggestions as to how to correct the application or anything that is useful. Thankss.

They verify both. Their staff usually check online application and they will tell you to correct it and upload missing documents once they have done. Regarding physical copies, DO NOT forget to send all the necessary documents (for online application it's fine since they will tell you to update it and it can be done easily) but if you forget any physical document then you will need to send them again and it's hassle to send just a few missing documents where you won't be even sure whether they'll put it with your half file or not so always better to send full copies or if they ask any missing documents and they want you to send it again then send complete copy again just to be sure.  Usually, it depends on the university though, Many universities (A, B tire) are known for their good reputation usually wouldn't make such mistakes but some universities might be just plain lazy (in the end, its up-to-the staff and sometimes they are prone to errors).   

4 hours ago, Madam said:

Hi guys, is there anyone who applied to Shanghai University? What’s your statuses? Mine has been stuck for ever on “ application passed department of Shanghai University “ does this mean I have been rejected, no more moving forward? I check it almost daily lol. Those people don’t even respond to emails.

From, my knowledge what I can assume is that your application has passed the initial review which is documents check probably. It's not rejected yet. If it's rejected they would have written it and regarding the status change. They don't do it very often. Sometimes it will take up to 2-3 weeks to change the status. I have personally asked ZJU and they have said they don't do the system update that often. Yes, They won't respond to emails that quick. Depends upon the university, some are quick, some don't even read. If you have any doubts, better call them on landline number.     

3 hours ago, Angelina said:

I assume that an older language certificate is better than no language certificate. ZJU is very strict in general, but they also give you feedback. 

Thank-you Angelina. Yes, I also have heard ZJU being very strict. You're right, something is better than nothing. And, It's very sad to hear that you're not applying this year. We hope that you still visit the forum on your free time. Thank-you for your contributions to the CSC forum. Wish you all the best with your future projects. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• New Members
On 3/4/2018 at 2:31 PM, Sa R said:

Hello all. Thank you for your helpful inputs. So in 2017 I got the MOFCOM scholarship to study economics in Nankai university. However my results were not yet ready and I completed my graduation a bit late. There fore I could not take the schoalrship. Can anyone tell me what happens in such a case? Can I submit a fresh application this year? Any leads, suggestions advice will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

@Sa RDo you have to be a government official before applying for MOFCOM ??

• New Members

Hello there. Please, I have applied to Wuhan University and Central China Normal University last year with a different accounts and both of their status has changed from "Submitted" to "In Progress" this year. Does it mean, they will still use last year's application for this year. Any clarification.

Also, I did reapplied to Central China Normal University with a different account this year and the status changed from "Submitted" to "In Progress" last 2 weeks. More clarification please. 

• New Members

URGENT ! I just applied at Fudan and I have received a generated form with all of my information after I did the payment, it says that I need to sign it.... but who do I sent it to?? Do I need to do anything else after I did my application through their application and the payment. Thank you!!

@Angelina, would you know?

On 4/28/2018 at 8:09 AM, Teodora said:

URGENT ! I just applied at Fudan and I have received a generated form with all of my information after I did the payment, it says that I need to sign it.... but who do I sent it to?? Do I need to do anything else after I did my application through their application and the payment. Thank you!!

@Angelina, would you know?

Put this with the rest of your documents.

Fudan has early deadlines, you can try to call them or send them an email, you can find some phone numbers at the official website of the university. 

@ADEBOYE I have noticed the same change. Earlier it was “Submitted” and now it is “In Progress” the only difference is that yours is Type B Category and yiubapplied directly to the university. 

While I applied via Bilateral program and through Chinese Embassy. 

Someone said that In Progress means that there is a good chance of admission and some said that it means that at least one of the three preferred universities has accepted my documents. I am not sure about anything. Fingers Crossed. Wait wait and wait .....

DD1880C3-BAC8-40AC-B352-978926D2607B.png

07027EB5-5B74-42C1-8D4A-ED27C3DD1994.png

• Like 3

I believe "In Progress" means that they embassy/consulate you applied to has received your application and forwarded it to the CCS. I received an email form the Chinese Consulate that said as much around the same time that my status changed to "In Progress" as well. 

I wouldn't pay too much attention to it though. Like last time, I expect that the status will not change after  a certain point even when you get the admittance email. For some people it stays "In Progress" throughout the entire process, just depends if someone bothers to update it or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1