Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@Nnedi Ugo are u nigerian?

I would like to ask u abt msc in chinese university. Is it possible to be given an English taught scholarship to be taught in english?

Am abt to apply to a school there and a

From nigeria, i wud love to be taught in english. What do u have to say

@philippo Hey and yes I am.

There are quite a few programs in China that are taught in English. Only very few are given out under the scholarship for a lot of the programs cost way more than the Chinese-taught ones so definitely check with the university on their website before applying. From the friends I've met who was doing a masters in English at Fudan, a lot of them weren't too fond of the programs due to the lack of organization, the quality and content of the programs. A lot of them stuck it out till the end and others simply left midway. But at the end of the day, a lot of people esp Chinese people who see that you went to schools like Fudan are amazed due to its prestigious name. So I would say think about all the factors before diving into a program but if this is not so much of a concern to you, then I would say apply away. Overall, I do see it as a great opportunity to go abroad and study in exchange for a great experience. It's what you make of it. And you know, there are probably other schools who have even better programs than at Fudan. Just have to inquire from within and go around the fourms and ask people. 

Not sure about specific MSC programs but like I said, I would say visit the univeristy fourms and ask there. Do some research of schools that have the program you want. Also consider location and cost of living too. People on those fourms can give you a better answer than myself. 

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Dear all,

What do you think is the best time to send the application packages to EU Window? Is it the earlier the better?

I plan getting IELTS certificate and it seems that I will get the results no earlier than two weeks before the deadline (which probably will be on April 1st).

Isn't that a bit too late? By courier, the application package will take 2-3 days to arrive to the EU Window office (been sending that way last year, unfortunately it seems my application wasn't even opened as the status on the CSG Laihua hasn't changed to "Reviewing").

Looking forward to receiving reply from you.

• Good question! 1

• New Members

Hello all,

So I am very interested in applying for the 2018 CSC Scholarship to receive my MBA from a Chinese University in Shanghai. I just graduated in 2017 from a U.S. University with a degree in Finance.

I am having a very hard time finding solid information on where to apply and how to apply for this scholarship. Also, if an english taught MBA is eligible for the CSC Scholarship? If the CSC scholarship is not available, does anyone know any other options (scholarship wise).

I would truly appreciate any feedback anyone has on starting and finishing this process and if you have had success or not regarding the scholarship.

Thank you for the help!

On 10/1/2018 at 12:58 AM, Angelina said:

This is new, thank you for pointing it out. 

Recently, one Chinese university told me that if anyone wanted to choose, by instance, a year of language studies starting in 2018, the major beginning date should be stated as "2019".

"If your major study start in 2019 which means you want to study Chinese for one year"

• Helpful 1

Hello!! I want to ask, I want to apply for masters degree taught in Chinese language, my question is should I have an HSK level and what is the minimum score? For CSC, because I know for Confucius it should HSK level 5 above 210

Thanks 

1 hour ago, dianasyouri said:

Hello!! I want to ask, I want to apply for masters degree taught in Chinese language, my question is should I have an HSK level and what is the minimum score? For CSC, because I know for Confucius it should HSK level 5 above 210

Thanks 

It depends on the program, you have to check the requirements of the university and the program.

@Nnedi Ugo

Thank you :)

1) I want to know, how do we submit those foreign physical examination blood reports in each university? I mean I will only have one copy of all my blood reports, and physical examination form.

2) Also, blood reports etc are necessary to send to each university? Or they don't ask that? 

Thank you.

@Ampicillin Are you applying directly to the school or just to the embassy? Well if you're applying directly to the embassy you only need one copy. Well technically two for you have to send two copies of everything to the embassy. You keep the original copy of the Physical exam. You can make a copy of it and attach it to your application.  

If you're applying to the school, its a different story and something you should inquire from the school's webpage. 

• Helpful 1

Anyone applying in the UK?

Im a bit confused about the 'nortorized highest diploma'. Im still studying A levels Year 2, and i wont recieve any 'graduation letter'.

In addition, do my AS level certificate count as the transcript?

Do the Chinese Unis need like a proof of grades when enrolling in Sept?

@dami1221

13 hours ago, dami1221 said:

Im a bit confused about the 'nortorized highest diploma'. Im still studying A levels Year 2, and i wont recieve any 'graduation letter'.

If you don't have a High School Diploma you need to get a letter from your school that states the date of your graduation, then make a copy of it and notarize it. 

13 hours ago, dami1221 said:

do my AS level certificate count as the transcript?

If the AS levels certificate is the only thing that your school has for determining your academic performance then I'd assume it counts as a transcript.

14 hours ago, dami1221 said:

The university that will provide you with the preparatory language course (if you need it) won't ask you for it, but the university in which your major studies will be conducted will probably tell you what do they need

• New Members

@Angelina Thanks for your contributions, I have been following these forum for sometime now and I would like to apply now. But I have few questions please.

1) please i studied computer engineering for my bachelors and would love to do masters in computer science and technology or related course taught in english. Please what few school can you recommend for me where I can apply for csc scholarship without application fee and they accept international student.

2. For the requirement for most schools,  is it a must to get letter of recommendation from two professor from my school, been the fact that I don't know how to contact Any in my school and it's been long I graduated.

Thanks 

• New Members

Hi All,

Looking for someone who has experience if educational requirements are less for foreign students? Qinghua is the #1 ranked computer science program (US News), but I only graduated undergrad with a 3.0 (US Scale).

Thanks

On 29/01/2018 at 8:45 AM, MrDuque said:

you don't have a High School Diploma you need to get a letter from your school that states the date of your graduation, then make a copy of it and notarize it. 

On 28/01/2018 at 6:39 PM, dami1221 said:

do my AS level certificate count as the transcript?

If the AS levels certificate is the only thing that your school has for determining your academic performance then I'd assume it counts as a transcript.

On 28/01/2018 at 6:39 PM, dami1221 said:

The university that will provide you with the preparatory language course (if you need it) won't ask you for it, but the university in which your major studies will be conducted will probably tell you what do they need

Thanks so much(。>∀<。)

• Like 1

On January 30, 2018 at 5:46 PM, Incredible said:

1) please i studied computer engineering for my bachelors and would love to do masters in computer science and technology or related course taught in english. Please what few school can you recommend for me where I can apply for csc scholarship without application fee and they accept international student.

2. For the requirement for most schools,  is it a must to get letter of recommendation from two professor from my school, been the fact that I don't know how to contact Any in my school and it's been long I graduated.

The best place to start your journey is your bachelor's degree. The CSC Scholarship can support you financially, I recommend you to choose a school on the basis of what you learned during your bachelor's degree. Even if you don't know any schools in China, you still know what research areas there are, try looking at the relevant publications and conferences. Tsinghua University has a good reputation for computer science, the school I am currently attending, Zhejiang University also has some outstanding professors working here. 

This is China and most of the classes are taught in Chinese. There are some specific programs taught in English, but these are special programs created with the aim to attract international students, and you should check the quality yourself before applying. Each individual program taught in English is a story of its own, you have to check them one-by-one. 

You don't need to pay an application fee when applying through a Chinese embassy, but there are still some costs involved, for example certificates of language proficiency, getting some documents translated or copies notarized. Nnedi Ugo already answered this question, please read previous posts in this thread. 

On application fees:

Also from my understanding if you are applying for the scholarship through the Chinese embassy, you can attach a pre-admission letter (if you want to) but if you apply directly to the school, then its not necessary. But with applying directly, you have to pay application fees (through each school) which can get expensive but depending on your preference go with what you feels is best for you. If you apply through the Chinese Embassy, you don't pay any fees. I recommend to apply through the Chinese embassy in NY and request for the pre-admission letters from each school by doing the following:

At least one of the letters of recommendation should be from a professor. Since you have been working for a long time now, you can have one letter of recommendation from your current employer or a client, and one from a professor.

You can ask if a university would be able to accept you with both of your letters of recommendation written by people you have been working with, but I doubt if this is possible. 

7 hours ago, olumyde4abu said:

Pls, help I'm applying for CSC and I don't seem to understand what they actually want by the study/research plan. Thanks.

What are you planning to study? 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

11 hours ago, Guazir said:

Hi All,

Looking for someone who has experience if educational requirements are less for foreign students? Qinghua is the #1 ranked computer science program (US News), but I only graduated undergrad with a 3.0 (US Scale).

Thanks

Tsinghua is a selective school. Do have any other achievements to compensate for this? 

Hi all, I am applying for only Chinese language study through the US embassy.. I have a question about the diploma notarization. This was on an FAQ document sent by the US embassy.. However, I am questioning if I have to get it notarized or not because I think in previous years it was required to be notarized? Does anyone have any information on this?5a7245f5deaa4_ScreenShot2018-01-31at5_37_05PM.thumb.png.0a338c60b89978d0f60c8511d0ad08d6.png