Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

12 hours ago, redapple12 said:

I am looking for the New Media master degree in the Communication University of China ( CUC). But when trying to apply for it i cannot find it or any other english medium courses. I can only find the Digial Media Arts, which i believe is chinese medium course.

Contact the university, they should be able to tell you. 

If anyone wants me to send them the email I received from the embassy, let me know. They've also attached some documents. Nothing that you don't already know, but can help if anyone is applying from the Chinese embassy in Washington, DC. 

I'm also almost done with my application. I just need to get my results back from my Physical Exam. Good luck to everyone whose applying :) 

• Like 1

This is such a silly question, but in the CSC online application one of the needed documents is "Passport/Visa Style Photo", does this mean a take a photo of my passport or are they asking for just a 2" x 2" headshot passport sized photo with a white background? 

Thanks in advance! :) 

1 hour ago, trendzme said:

passport sized photo

This. 

1 hour ago, Madam said:

Does the CSC cover for English taught programs as well or it’s only for Chinese programs at Masters?

The CSC can cover both. 

• Helpful 1

Angelina. I never receive answers from any University or the  CSC. My only choice is to call them at 4am my time. Even if i call them they usually dont really answer me, althoguh i speak Chinese. They just redirect me to their websites. Seems like applying without detailed information and hope that you choose the right things is the way  to go. Maybe its different for me as i am applying for the university program, and not the embassy in my country.

@Nnedi Ugo Are you following what Ms. Chen Li sent and NOT getting your degree notarized (if applicable to you) and only sending one copy via mail of all the documents? I'm being paranoid and wondering if should get it notarized and I should send two copies just in case, but then I don't want to annoy them with not following their directions haha. I emailed her to ask for confirmation but she just forwarded me the FAQ/requirements documents again and didn't really say anything. 

@tinatina Yeah definitely. She's the contact for the DC embassy so why would I doubt her? You're definitely overthinking it. I think the main CSC Chinese Government Scholarship page gives a general synopsis of what to do for the scholarship, but every country's embassy has different requirements for applying for the scholarship. Just follow what the email says and you should be fine. 

• Helpful 1

7 hours ago, redapple12 said:

Angelina. I never receive answers from any University or the  CSC. My only choice is to call them at 4am my time. Even if i call them they usually dont really answer me, althoguh i speak Chinese. They just redirect me to their websites. Seems like applying without detailed information and hope that you choose the right things is the way  to go. Maybe its different for me as i am applying for the university program, and not the embassy in my country.

Honestly, if you are up at 4 am just to call them and even though you speak Chinese you can't get much help, think about it. You get the scholarship, the program you want, the university you want, everything else you want. Then you fly to the other side of the world, saying goodbye to all other career options you might have had, and you seem like a dedicated, hardworking person, so I guess there must be many schools and companies that would feel sorry that you didn't choose them. 

Anyway, you start school under the CSC, then you encounter your first problem. Do you think that there are any chances you get the support you need from this university?

This will be on your CV forever. Every time you apply to study somewhere or get a job, 5 years from now, 10 years from now, you would have to explain yourself. If this experience is not good, what are you going to say? That you were applying without having all the information about your program? 

My advice is to try contacting this University instead, ask them about their programs, application deadlines, scholarships. 

If you get some support now, chances are, you are also going to get the support you need once you start school. Also, if they do offer you a scholarship, the application process will go much faster than wasting time thinking what are you supposed to do. 

http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/icdc/research.aspx

http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/internationalcommunications/postgraduate/mainternationalcommunicationsstudies.aspx

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studentservices/index.aspx

http://exchange.nottingham.ac.uk/blog/changes-in-the-school-of-contemporary-chinese-studies/

• Like 1

@MrDuque One needs to notarize it? I will graduate in July but if the university provides me with a letter with the date and university stamp on their official university letterhead pad do I still need to notarize it? I was thinking of colour copy them! 

@Nnedi Ugo I am applying directly. I just wanted to confirm whether we need to submit those blood test reports along with physical form copy or not! 

Also, I wanted to ask since I am applying for PhD and I won't have a master degree until August. So, Shall I submit my bachelor degrees along with university graduation expected letter? I finished my bachelors in China and I don't have HSK 2011 onwards new examination certificate. I have old 2010 HSK with score A+. I saw some universities can exclude HSK if the student has studied in China for more than 4 years or stayed in China for 4-5 years. I guess I should submit my bachelor's degree just to prove that I don't need HSK since I studied in China only. If any prof. advice would be helpful. Thanks 

Hello! I just have some few inquiries, if anyone would like to answer.

I am interested in applying for non-degree chinese language program for the csc scholarship.

1. The only choices in the online application are: bachelor's degree, master's degree, doctorate degree, general scholar and senior scholar.

What should I put in the application?

2.  My graduation is on June,  I would not be able to send the copy of my diploma. Am I still eligible to apply?

3. Are recommendation letters still required for people who are applying for non-degree chinese language programs?

Thank you very much!

Hello! I just have some few inquiries, if anyone would like to answer.

I am interested in applying for non-degree chinese language program for the csc scholarship.

1. I am not quite sure about how to apply, and the embassy in my country is not really answering all my questions, but the person I talked to told me that the first step is to apply online and send all the documents from there. So does that mean that I should send all the transcripts, study plan etc. in soft copies? What about the hard copies?  Do I just wait until they contact me or something?

2. The only choices in the online application are: bachelor's degree, master's degree, doctorate degree, general scholar and senior scholar.

3.  My graduation is on June,  I would not be able to send the copy of my diploma. (if ever they need to)  Am I still eligible to apply?

4. Are recommendation letters still required for people who are applying for non-degree Chinese language programs?

Thank you very much!

• Good question! 1

3 hours ago, Amiee said:

1. The only choices in the online application are: bachelor's degree, master's degree, doctorate degree, general scholar and senior scholar.

General scholar. 

3 hours ago, Amiee said:

2.  My graduation is on June,  I would not be able to send the copy of my diploma. Am I still eligible to apply?

No problem, especially since you are applying for a non-degree program.

3 hours ago, Amiee said:

3. Are recommendation letters still required for people who are applying for non-degree chinese language programs?

I did use letters of recommendation when applying. Perhaps you can try getting one from your Chinese teacher or a language instructor if you have studied any other foreign languages. I assume that a non-degree language program can accept letters of recommendation from language teachers, they don't have to be from tenured professors. 

Still required, but they don't have to be from professors for a non-degree Chinese language course. 

• Helpful 2

On 2/8/2018 at 2:30 PM, Ampicillin said:

I saw some universities can exclude HSK

SOME 

Depends on where you are applying, you have to check.