Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Am I right for masters level CsC scholarships you essentially have to make one application, and print it out (get the PDF) and attach it to your application to the uni, then cancel that application on the system, change it to a different uni and print it out again?

When do they usually inform you of the results? And is anyone else here from the Philippines? 

And about the Physical Examination Form, is it okay to just get a medical certificate? That's what the doctor did after looking at the form. 

@RichS I don't think that works. Because once you submit the CSC application, you will have a CSC serial #. You can withdraw the application and re submit it again, but The serial # will be the same. I strongly advice you to create a new account for each university, (different email for each CSC account) 

@AprilWMS it's not harder for undergrads, it's just most universities go for postgrads. (Researchs and publications help university's ranking)

I have heard some students got CSC scholarship for undergraduate programs. So I think you can still to apply for universities which offer CSC for undergrads. Chances are still the same as postgrads, depends on CGPA, study plan and so on. 

That seems crazy........... to go through all that effort to make one application but have to make another account for another application? I'm sure most people are going to apply for more than one university? Theres no way on the platform to make more than one application, but look below. The printed out applicaition actually doesn't contain any CSC no. thats left blank, whereas the only thing that chances is the agency number, also circled。

CSCScholar.thumb.jpg.6282e73ae9146d1a39e5f986f6c823e9.jpg

For undergraduate studies, your best bet is to apply through the Chinese embassy in your country. 

As mentioned previously, one important part of your application is agency number. @RichSIf you use an agency number of the Chinese embassy in your country, it means that this embassy is nominating you, the nominating agency, for the CSC. If you use an agency number of a university, it means that this university is nominating you. Most undergrads try the embassy route. 

@AprilWMS

@Talag

• Like 1

@RichS You  can apply online only for one university. In order to apply to another university you need to fill the form I have attached. There are 4 parts of that application form, I don't know why but I was unable to upload the two other parts. You need to fill it and send by post to the university you want to apply. You can get this application form from university,ask them to send it to your by email or maybe you can find it in internet

Screenshot_20180302-170210.png

Screenshot_20180302-170152.png

• Thanks 1

Anyone who got information about 1 year of Chinese learning, tell me how to indicate it in online application. I have read that for master's degree they provide one year of Chinese learning. But how should I inform them that I need that Chinese-learning year?

@Rustam1996 Thank you very much. I'm kinda doing this all last minute because my plans for next year have suddenly fallen apart through no fault of my own. I'm a little confused though........ so you make one application on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/ (which seems to be offline?) And thats your "main" application. You then apply to other universities normally but send them some form? Would I get this form from the admissions department?

@RichS You fill online application form, print it out, attach to your documents package and send to the main university. If you want to send applications to other universities, you need to make some copies of all the documents(except your printed online application form). Then you fill the paper form from the picture I sent, and attach it to your copied documents and send to other universities. By the way,some universities demand TWO copies of all the documents 

@Rustam1996 Sorry mate, I'm dumb can we be exact, you say "Fill in online applicaition form" do you mean the main CSC form? And then attach it to the main university's thing. For the other universities you don't need to attach the form, you just send the physical copy to the university by post? But on the online platform for....... argh I'm trying to show you. Yep there,
So do you just leave the bit blank where it asks you to attach the scholarship form? Or do you scan in that filled form you sent me?

Scholarshipform.jpg

@RichSFor the moment  I have completed online application, printed it out and sent with other documents to my main university. Also now I have physical copy of the form I sent you, Im gonna fill it in and send to another university with copies of all the documents

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Okay, I really do want to understand this process of applying to multiple universities. I am very much interested in applying to more than one universities myself but I don't get the process. Initially, i thought you just need to create new accounts for each university you wish to apply for. However, @Rustam1996 this is a new one and I absolutely do not understand your explanation. Do we need to email every school we wish to apply to for this form?

Hello to everyone who replied to my queries, I don't know how to tag you yet but thank you so much ?. 

Question, is the deadline a "dead" line? Or has there been cases where people have submitted after that date and still got in. 

@King00000 As my teacher explained me, I can apply online only  for one university. If I want to apply for other universities I need to fill the form, tomorrow I will try to submit you this form. You need to fill in that form and send it to university you want to apply,without  any online registration.