Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Hi guys, is it alright if I ask for your critique of my study plan in this forum or should I ask in a different forum instead? I made a draft last night and I want to edit it after I hear your feedback and suggestions. I'm really lost on what to write on my study plan and it came out far longer than it should be. I just wrote whatever was on my mind. It would be great if you can suggest which parts to cut, which aspects to emphasize, and if there is anything that I've missed. I am open to criticisms, constructive or not.

Study Plan for CGS (1).docx

• New Members

Hello!

I also think the server si down. I wasn't able to access to website since yesterday and the deadline is March 6th. I tried Internet Explorer, Safari and Firefox on 2 different computers at home and at 3 different librairies. 3 friends have the same problem (and other people on this thread too). What are my options?

Thank you!

Capture d’écran 2018-03-02 à 17.44.43.png

• Good question! 2

@faith Even I am not able to access the site. I am in India, last date to apply here is 4th of march.  I am not able to able to access site from yesterday noon. Have you found any solution? I have mailed to the webmaster, will mail to Indian MHRD now.

Hi all.

I just got accepted to the CLIC summer exchange program. I started my application Thursday night and only had 2-3 more things to complete before submitting before the Mar 6 deadline. However, the last 2 days I have been unable to access the website at all. I have tried from different computers and browsers. 

Is anyone else having this problem? Do they close the website during the weekends? I have tried messaging the CSC facebook page to see if they have any answers. 

Thanks in advance for your help :) 

• Good question! 1

Registration via embassy has got over, and the Chinese site is still down; I couldn't apply :(

Does applying universities for MSc (Physics) have greater chances of getting accepted than that via embassy? !

And I have 61% in my BSc!

Can I still get full funding from CSC?

Thank you.

Thank you to everyone who replied to me. Anyway, is the deadline a completely 'dead' line? Or has there been any cases where people who applied late were still accepted? I can't access the website either. Deadline is tomorrow, fingers crossed that it gets fixed in time.

Hello all. Thank you for your helpful inputs. So in 2017 I got the MOFCOM scholarship to study economics in Nankai university. However my results were not yet ready and I completed my graduation a bit late. There fore I could not take the schoalrship. Can anyone tell me what happens in such a case? Can I submit a fresh application this year? Any leads, suggestions advice will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Google says it's not but I'm not completely sure. Something about notarization being more official and a lot more laborious.Try searching for country-specific data or better yet you can ask some of the personnel in a law office.

• Like 1

FYI I got the CSC scholaship last year and I didnt notarize anything... You should still probably do it I guess.

My school's administration is terrible, guess what their last trick was? Skip this month's scholarship transfer and give 2 months' worth next month, without warning. I've been eating mantou only for the last week.

Also some warning that I was told and then promply ignored when I applied for the scholarship last year because I was too excited :

Think about what you're doing and if you really want to go live in china. Because you can doesn't mean that you should.

Good luck and don't worry about people ignoring your mails and the website not working, it's completly normal here

• Helpful 1