Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Hey all, just to let you know, the hours are actually 8.30am - 5.30pm Beijing time (GMT+8, which is the same as Philippine time, I guess hence the confusion). The message is:

"Due to system maintenance, the service hours of the website of China Scholarship Council, the Management Information Platform for Government-sponsored Overseas Education of Chinese citizens, and the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System are adjusted as 8:30-17:30 (Beijing Time) on working days, and are shut down for maintenance during the rest of time from March 2 to March 20."

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

@korilives

Thank you for that critique. To be honest, I almost facepalmed myself when I've reread what I've written after a day. Lol, my usual writing process is to cram all my ideas into the first draft, reread it again after some time or after the feedback (so that I have a new perspective), and then edit it after making an outline. You guys were very helpful as I found a lot of ideas I could put in my study plan, which areas I can maximize, and which ones I should scrap. 

@Ouyanda88

The deadline is different for each country. Try inquiring from the Chinese Embassy in your country. Not sure about the recommendation but I think it has to be recent? 

@AprilWMS

When I learned of this scholarship, I thought giving the Chinese embassy in Manila a call to get more information but I was surprised that no one in the embassy knew what I was talking about which means that they were not processing scholarships (this was 2009). Things might have changed over the years. At the time, my instinct led me to look for another channel to apply for the scholarship which was to apply directly to the university.

I could have given the embassy another call but I was afraid that my application might be lost somewhere since no one was really on top of scholarship matters. I was glad I directly applied to the university since I only had to deal and communicate with them. The downside of applying directly to the university is that you only get one shot because you are unable to list your 2nd and 3rd choices. But I think, if the scholarship is meant for you, you will get it anyway against all odds.

Unfortunately, I can't directly answer your questions haha. You could give them a call or better yet go there in person to get hold of someone and get contact details so you may direct your inquiries to that person in the future.

@RichS That's really strange, I can get on it in the mornings until 10.30am German time (GMT +1), which is exactly the 7h time difference it would have to be if the maintenance thing is true. I never stayed up late enough to try and access it at 1.30am (8.30am Chinese time) but the afternoon (Chinese afternoon) cut off time seems to be correct. I'd say give it a shot again tonight/tomorrow morning and if you still can't access it, try IsItDownRightNow http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/csc.edu.cn.html

(or DownForEveryoneOrJustMe or one of those websites).

@Sa R so what should we do now? should we wait until 21th march to apply? actually i am planning to prepare all my documents and apply directly to the csc website. and when it comes to 21th march i will apply Xiamen's online application and immediately post all of my documents to them by postal service. is it okay that all of my documents arrive there little bit late then 31th march as i live in Turkey now and i am not pretty sure 10 days  are enough to post something to China from Turkey. 

and another question, does Xiamen university wants application fee?

2 hours ago, Melda Orcan said:

so what should we do now? should we wait until 21th march to apply? actually i am planning to prepare all my documents and apply directly to the csc website. and when it comes to 21th march i will apply Xiamen's online application and immediately post all of my documents to them by postal service. is it okay that all of my documents arrive there little bit late then 31th march as i live in Turkey now and i am not pretty sure 10 days  are enough to post something to China from Turkey. 

and another question, does Xiamen university wants application fee?

@Melda Orcan i so this is the only logical option for us to do right now. Apply and keep printout of CSC form ready. On 21st immdly dwnload and mail the entire set to them. Just make sure youemail them as soon as you post it so they can acknowledge it hopefully. I am going to do the same thing. So in the afternoon IST 1pm the xiamen admissions page was working for sometime but not applications page. On that there was no mention of application fee for CSC-University council. But we cant be too careful so again, mail or call them and confirm. I have aleady sent an email but no reply yet. All the best.

This seems a really really weird time to do "maintainance" on their system and shut down the CSC page for more than half the day. They've got 3/4 of the rest of the year where the application system presumably isn't being used at all?

• Like 1

• New Members

Hi everybody! I need some information about the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Hope you can help me.

My Foreigner Physical Examination Form is completed properly with all the records, signatures and official stamps of the hospital and now I want to send my application documents to the embassy.
Do I have to attach copies of the papers provided by the hospital or I should send only the Foreigner Physical Examination Form? For example, the hospital gave me a paper for the blood tests, another paper for the Chest X-ray exam and another paper for the ECC (echocardiogram exam). All those medical tests results are also written by the doctors on the Foreigner Physical Examination Form, therefore I don't know if it's necessary to attach those papers.

This seems a really really weird time to do "maintainance" on their system and shut down the CSC page for more than half the day. They've got 3/4 of the rest of the year where the application system presumably isn't being used at all?

Anyway, its already 9.30am in Beijing and I STILL can't access it, it just seems totally down for me.

I literally sat in front of my computer for the last 4 hours (its midnight here in Canada) and just refreshed the page until it appeared then logged in and hoped that it wouldn't cut out mid application process. It has been super glitchy for me but with patience and a lot of refreshing you'll get access. Very frustrating though... just glad I got it done!

is anyone facing a problem ith the verification? So I made a new account and use outlook but it seeems that after registering they send a verification link but I havent got that I tried multiple times. Earlier today, the validation code was also not appearing. If I am unable to even register on the site, how to I even finish my application and send it in time :/

@Sa R, me too have the same problem since yesterday. but after refreshing it multiple time, the verification image just appear by luck. Perhaps you can just refresh it a few times. Well, it took a lot of patience really. I hope everything made ease for you. Goodluck! 

@CatyrYes now the verification image appears. But when I want to register for new account using new email id, I do not receieve the verification link in my inbox. and without verifying account cannot login. Will try again tomorrow. I wrote them a mail regarding this issue today.. let see :(