Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Hello guys, 

Thank for a lot of information provided earlier. 

I have a question about the name of schools that provide Chinese 1 year course that I can apply for scholarship. I have searched around but seem not to find the correct or clear explainations. 

Much appreciate any directions. 

@khang_ha711  do you mean the list of schools for 1 year Chinese Language course? You can look up in http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org and when you scroll the programs, find for red * at the left side of the programme list. Look below for example. But right now, you cannot access these websites since they are under maintenance. It only opens at from 8am-5.30pm China time. Does this answer your question? :)

Untitled.thumb.png.99deac6f7f4f0976a27bbad0f7257d90.png
  • Helpful 1

Am I supposed to know my CSC code? It seems a bit weird for it not to be generated with the form, and indeed I've got a few docs that have places for me to fill in it, but I've never been given a CSC code? Look at top right of image.........

CSCScholar.jpg

• Good question! 1

• New Members

There is a note on the third page of the Application Form that says: "Each Set of the complete materials should not exceed 20 pages". Is it compulsory? What do you know about this? And, by the way, what do they mean by "each set"??? The documents that I've uploaded on the website have much more than 20 pages... :help

@Catyr  Thank you a lot. My work schedule have been conflicted with the working time of the website (you know it's under maintenance lately) so I did not get much info from the site. I take today off so I can browing more. Just a bit afraid it is too late for the language course deadline.... 

I will try using the site today when it opens to gather more info. 

@Catyr:) The website seems to down today as well. 

I was searching raindom university to see if they offer chinese course only. However, a lot of them did not mention about scholarship for Chinees study student, only to Master and PhD student. Would you recommend me some schools that have good chinese program that accept new students this upcoming Sep? 

Thank you guys 

@RichS It says right under it - (The above table is only for CSC) so no, you don't need the number, they complete it for you. If you're applying to Fudan, are you aware of the fact that their deadline was on the 28 February?

@khang_ha711 Keep refreshing, it'll load eventually, albeit slowly and with plenty of glitches. I've downloaded the Excel sheet for all unis that offer a CSC scholarship and am attaching it here. However, as you said yourself, the deadlines vary for all of them so you'll just have to look around on the individual websites I'm afraid. I know that Wuhan had a fairly generous deadline last year (and is a very good uni), maybe try there first.

289 Universities for Chinese Goverment Scholarship.xlsx

@Jellyfish The problem on my side is the website only be able to click to the University section and that's it(Can not go to any direct university name at all) :) I hope tomorrow will be better. 
I check Wuhan out in their offical website but they did not saying. Also because of the website break down, I did not know what to do from the CSC page. So I send people at Wuhan an email asking for help. :)

Would you mind recommend me some source or guildline of how to apply for Chinese only course? I been research using key word "Non-degree" and "Chinese course" but not helping so far. 

@khang_ha711 Info on Wuhan scholarships here: http://admission.whu.edu.cn/scholarship.html

I'm afraid I've got no tips for you here. As far as I know, you'll just need to access individual university websites (from the list I just attached) and find information on their scholarship and funding situation. Takes forever but it's the only way (that I know of). I'm assuming going to smaller, less prestigious unis might be better as they might have fewer international applicants and therefore more generous deadlines. You can also contact unis directly as you did with Wuhan, however, if you're just asking for info that's readily available on their website you might not get a reply.

Good luck, if I do come across anything that might be relevant to you or other applicants I'll post it.

@Jellyfish that's interesting. I accessed from http://en.whu.edu.cn/  so it a bit different to your site. That's the reason why I said I did not see any particular sections about a scholarship. Thank a million. 

"4.How to apply for the CSC scholarship of Undergraduate Programs/Chinese Language Programs/Non-degree Scholar Programs?

Please apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship - Bilateral Program (BP). Submit application materials to Chinese Embassy in applicant’s home country. Applicants should fill in the form with Wuhan University as Target University. To specify the application period, please contact the embassy. If the students fail to reach the required Chinese language level, he or she will have to receive language training of one to two years in pre-university education institute designated by China Scholarship Council. The details may be found in the CSC website http://laihua.csc.edu.cn." 

This is very clear ....yet I seem to have another problem as I am not staying at home country. Documents and all are with me.  Seem like I have to Fedex  it.  

• New Members

Hi!How do you do? I'm Rashid Ali.

I'm interested to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship for Chinese Language and undergraduate in Software Engineering.

Can i apply for both in one time directly from CSC or University website?

• New Members

Hi

I was hoping someone may be able to help me with a question.  It seems like most people get the scholarship for degree study.  I am interested in applying, but only for a 1 year language study course.  Is this possible, and is there a decent chance of being accepted for language study only?  The medical exam in my country costs around $300 so I am hesitant about paying this if I have a low chance of getting the scholarship.

I noticed that on the online application form, under the degree and major selection there doesn't seem to be any option for language only study.  Would it be a viable option to apply for a degree programme, only complete the preparatory study and then drop out?  

My details, if this makes any difference:

• EU applicant
  • 24 y/o
  • Bachelors degree with high GPA from top 100 university
  • Around HSK1-2 level (have not sat test)

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

@sedub

You can definitely apply for a degree program and drop out after the language course. If you select this route, you are eligible to study Chinese language for a maximum of two years. This is because they assume that in case your Chinese level is not enough for the degree program, you can improve more by studying another year of Chinese. Whereas if you apply solely for Chinese language scholarship, maximum study period is only one year.

On 3/7/2018 at 10:30 PM, jonkolos said:

I have my physical examination printed out but didn't scan it with my photo on top. Is it necessary? 

Very necessary. The hospital has to stamp the photo with the hospital seal half on/half off so it doesn't look fake. 

• Helpful 2

Hello. I’ve been having some problems in accessing the CSC website through Internet Explorer or any server, it doesn’t work every time I try to enter. At first, I thought it’d be blocked. But it doesn’t make sense being an website that aims to reach foreigners. Is anyone else having this issue?

Hi Everyone! I am new to this thread, and I have a bit of an urgent question that I am not sure anyone is familiar with.  The deadline for the American scholarship is in just over a week, and I am currently in China.  For the health forms, do I need to have the original forms sent to the American embassy? Or can I send a photocopy? Since I am doing the test in China, I do not have really time to send it to America by the deadline.

Thanks for any help!