Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@ajkihn

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I am not in Wuhan and I have emailed them but they are very slow at responding it seems like. I have not received any reply yet. Can you please confirm with the administration if existing students studying in other universities can apply for the PhD program under One Belt or CSC or not? You can ask them whenever you're free. I will be very thankful. 

• New Members

@Nnedi Ugo

I just referred to your SCREEN SHOTS of your embassy's email. Very helpful. I'm from a different country by the way, and I would just like to add some new info on top of what you shared.

First, a little bit about myself. Not my first time applying as well; successful recipient during my previous try. Trying out for a graduate program in Fudan too. Applying through the bilateral program (embassy) as well. 

So I got in touch with a contact person in our embassy (a political officer I believe, the equivalent of "Chen Li" if you will), and they told me CSC won't be issuing award letters for this year. [backtrack: award letter is used to obtain pre-admission letter from target uni]. Was skeptical. "award letter" variant has been the norm (for the bilateral program) for the previous years. So I called (1) CSC and (2) target university to confirm this info. [This was around the first to the second week of March]. And both offices told me that it is true, no award letters for this year. CSC rep was also very confident about this info. Stupefied. Would be interested to know from y'all if you also have the same info on this, or if there has been any updates from your embassies. 

a note of caution. while this info has been confirmed by csc, it is notable that the instructions online (laihua website) still indicates that the app process for 2018 is still of the award letter nature. it appears then that the changes were made after the official announcements of the app procedures. 

@Ampicillin Sadly I cannot go to the admission office because I'm doing a research experiment and will upload my final thesis this week, but I tried finding the information. The deadline is on March 31

Until now, I haven't found anywhere that you cannot apply if you're studying in China to this scholarhip, so access the admission system and apply for it the deadline is on March 31. Good luck with your application.

Chinese University Program and Belt & Road Program of Wuhan University (year 2018)

1. The application time is from Feb. 9 to March 31, 2018. Please apply at the CSC website  http://laihua.csc.edu.cn and Wuhan University website  http://admission.whu.edu.cn

2. School of International Education will review the application documents and take the preliminary evaluation in April 2018.

3. The qualified applicants who passed the preliminary evaluation will be informed to mail the hard copy of the application documents in early April 2018.

4. The related schools will review the qualified application documents and evaluate the applicants, and sign the evaluation form about the acceptance of applicants in the middle of April 2018.

5. School of International Education will make the final evaluation of all applicants who passed the evaluation of related schools and prepare a list of pre-admission students at the end of April 2018.  

6. School of International Education will announce the pre-admission list of the scholarship students on our university website at the end of April 2018.

7. Submit the pre-admission list and application document to CSC for evaluation in early May 2018.

8. The final list of scholarship winners will be informed by CSC at the end of June and the beginning of July 2018(twice).

9. School of International Education will announce the final list of scholarship winners on our university website, and the official admission document will be delivered from late June to early July 2018.

Please note:

1. Applicants are not required to send us hard copies of application document until they receive any e-mails or telephone calls from our university in early April.

2. About application status, please visit our website for the latest information. We would not be able to reply every single mail and phone about the progress of  the application. Your understanding and patience will be appreciated. You are warmly welcomed to study in our university as a self-supported student if you fail to win the scholarship.

Admission Office

School of International Education

Feb. 9, 2018

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

I really wanna get this straight, and no one at my embassy seems to like answering the phone so hopefully you guys can help!

Question 1

So the instructions in OP say that if you apply directly to a school and they accept, they send it to the CSC. Do they do this even if you apply as self-supported? Because applying as a scholarship recipient is like only for if you've received the scholarship, right? I'm confused by this.

Question 2

I currently have 4 schools in mind, one of which is already past the CSC deadline. I'll apply to this one directly as self-supported. For the other 3, I want to make them my preferred schools for the CSC application. If I understand correctly, they will only choose one school, right? So what if I want to try to get accepted to all of them? Can I apply to all of them individually and also make them my preferred schools for CSC? 

For example, maybe I get the scholarship for my 3rd choice school.. I still would like to try to be accepted into my first choice and have the option to self-support if I decide to go that route.

Is there a flaw in what I'm talking about or would I be able to do this?

Another thing, is it possible to, say, make school A, B, C your preferred schools for CSC, only get the scholarship to B, and then apply directly to A and C and get the scholarship directly?

@shamaziav2@yahoo.com

If you apply as self support student if you get acceptance you can send the admission notice to the Embassy and is very likely you will get the scholarship, but that doesn’t mean that the University will nominate you to the scholarship themselves if you have applied as self support.

My advice is that if you get accepted in one of your choices you send the pre admission or admission with your documents to your embassy.

Now, if you are notified by your embassy that you have been selected by them and they provide a letter of this nomination you can talk to the university and send this letter and they will give you a pre admission to send your embassy.

Usually that is the procedure. 

[Edited] I have got shortlisted for interview. They seem to need me bring notorized chinese translated versions of english documents. I don't have anyone here who knows Chinese near me, in India. Translating from the professionals online may be costly. What did you all do?

I am even thinking to reach Delhi early by one day and ask Chinese embassy for translation; is it possible? Would they be willing to translate it?

Is translation a must?

Can I get it translated in the forum and have it notarized from the one who doesn't know the language?

Can the machine translation engines translate accurately? If yes, can you please say them?

Thank you!

@ImmortalPlayer I am not getting your question are your documents in English or Chinese?

If you have a notarized English translation is okay.

if they are in Chinese according to what I know you can present them without any problem.

English and Chinese are both accepted for the scholarship.

@ajkihn Thank you for the reply, and sorry for not being clear; I have edited that post now.

In the public notice on the list documents to be brought, it mentions: "Chinese or English translation (notarized copy) of the document(s) which is other than Chinese or English language"

I have only english copies, would it be okay if I not take translated versions along with me? Would they be serious about it?

On 3/18/2018 at 7:12 AM, msdemeanor said:

@Nnedi Ugo

I just referred to your SCREEN SHOTS of your embassy's email. Very helpful. I'm from a different country by the way, and I would just like to add some new info on top of what you shared.

First, a little bit about myself. Not my first time applying as well; successful recipient during my previous try. Trying out for a graduate program in Fudan too. Applying through the bilateral program (embassy) as well. 

So I got in touch with a contact person in our embassy (a political officer I believe, the equivalent of "Chen Li" if you will), and they told me CSC won't be issuing award letters for this year. [backtrack: award letter is used to obtain pre-admission letter from target uni]. Was skeptical. "award letter" variant has been the norm (for the bilateral program) for the previous years. So I called (1) CSC and (2) target university to confirm this info. [This was around the first to the second week of March]. And both offices told me that it is true, no award letters for this year. CSC rep was also very confident about this info. Stupefied. Would be interested to know from y'all if you also have the same info on this, or if there has been any updates from your embassies. 

a note of caution. while this info has been confirmed by csc, it is notable that the instructions online (laihua website) still indicates that the app process for 2018 is still of the award letter nature. it appears then that the changes were made after the official announcements of the app procedures. 

Ah ok thanks for letting me know. I honestly didn't bother the first time nor the second time to get a pre-admission letter when I applied for the govt scholarship last time. The last time I applied, the online application was different and I just put Fudan leaving my second and third choices blank hahaha. And I got what I want. This time around though, I chose Sichuan, Zhejiang, and Shanghai Jiaotong so we'll see ;)

• Like 1

• New Members

Hi everyone, I have a quick question.

I have my foreigner physical examination form completed. I am planning to send the entire thing (inc. test results which are on seperate pages) via post to my institution where my forms will be processed. Do I also need to upload the entire thing online on the CSC website with my online application, or do I just upload the foreigner physical exam form itself?

I am asking as the website has been so patchy. If I upload all the files together it becomes quite a large file size -- I am worried it may not work.

12 hours ago, Haz said:

Hi everyone, I have a quick question.

I have my foreigner physical examination form completed. I am planning to send the entire thing (inc. test results which are on seperate pages) via post to my institution where my forms will be processed. Do I also need to upload the entire thing online on the CSC website with my online application, or do I just upload the foreigner physical exam form itself?

I am asking as the website has been so patchy. If I upload all the files together it becomes quite a large file size -- I am worried it may not work.

Yes you do. You need to upload the entire physical including the test results on the portal. You can only log into the site beijing time 8:30 till 5:30 so be prepared depending where you're logging in from. Also, if the file is too big, do a Google search to reduce pdf size. I had the same issue and this worked for me. 

• Thanks 1

Dear Chinese Government Scholars.

When applying for Masters, which is more acceptable; the regular study plan (where u write your academic background, personal background, experiences, why study in China, and your proposed specialization) or an extensive research proposal?

I am a little bit confused about where to mail the documents. 

I emailed my embassy's ambassador, and he said there is no need to mail any documents to the embassy -- only submit the form online -- but I read conflicting information elsewhere that says I need to print a hard copy of my application and send it tot he embassy also?

Does anyone know for sure which is accurate?
Has anyone been accepted by only submitting online?

Also, I am trying to attend Tsinghua University; however, I put two other options on the application (Tsinghua was first choice).

If Tsinghua accepts me (I had to submit the scholarship application before receiving admission notice due to deadline conflicts), will I realistically be allowed to use the scholarship there?

It seems like the scholarship only works at the school they choose, even if you're accepted to the one you choose.

hey,

I am going to apply for Confucius Institute Scholarship for One-year non-degree Chinese program, starting in September 2018. I am about to take HSK3 test in 4 days, will get results by mid-April. However i can see people here keep saying that deadline is the end of March, while on the website everywhere it's written that application deadline is 20th of June 2018. Does it regard a different scholarship/different time of commencing?