Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@desika Chongqing and SCUT as well. Seems we selected the same universities. I wanted to select Wuhan university for third choice but, maybe in the rush, I wrongly selected Wuhan University of Technology, which doesn't have the major I selected. So third choice completely wrong ?. None of the universities I selected contacted me. Do you know if chongqing released any result or contacted their candidates? I tried to contact them by four different email addresses, but they never reply (obviously). ?

@desika I am not a first round candidate by SCUT and my status, by now, is still "submitted". No explanations, no messages at all. Actually SCUT was the only one who bothered to reply me when I asked them if my application reached them or not. They just told me to wait until July.

Is it so difficult to just tell me if my application reached them or not? Just tell me "yes" or "no" and we are cool. ?

On 7/9/2018 at 9:35 AM, sevinjshabanova said:

Is anyone here who applied to Wuhan university

Hey! I didnt got CSC but was looking the forum and yea! I'm moving to Wuhan Daxue for chinese course next year. Let's see how it is....

@Manuu I also applied to Chongqing University. After talking to them in person and through email, I think most of the time admissions is waiting for information from the CSC just like us. It used to frustrate me, but I think they genuinely don’t know what to tell us lol.

Yesterday i received a email from the embassy saying i'm preliminarylily admitted by the scholarship program. There's 1 final screening interview.  I'm not sure if this update relates directly to acceptance from my preferred university

@peachyyy What did they tell you?

Anyway, obviously I don't ask if they are willing to select me or ask things they cannot know, like If I have won the scholarship (Only CSC could know, and probably they still didn't decide). I just asked them, being one of my selected universities, if they received my application.

By this period of July, if I passed the screening of Brussels office and CSC one, my application should have reached them. And I think the procedure is the same for embassy route applicants. As I understood, things work like this. But If I am wrong, I welcome any "advanced" member to correct me.

However, I don't blame them for not replying. They are doing their job and they cannot be here 24h/24 to answer any single guy asking them something. Let's be patient and wait for the good news! ?

In any case good luck, hope to see you in Chongqing ?

@Manuu I emailed them a few weeks ago asking if they received my application and if they knew when the results would be out, all they said was to wait until July. That’s why I just email the embassy here in the US if I have any questions.

I did get a pre-admissions letter from Chongqing University though, and according to the embassy, if you get a pre-admissions letter it’s pretty much guaranteed that you’ll go to that school. I don’t know how true that is but I can only hope lol. 

Good luck to you as well!

Any one apply via U.S. embassy or consulate hear back yet? 

I have a dilemma where my target university says I need to tell them by Friday if I will be a self-supporting student or not, but I don't know the status of the scholarship, and it seems they don't either.

@Bill Machais @TOCHINA 

I just called Nankai University and they told me CSC results will be announce next month. Hope for the best who has applied to Nankai University. They might declare results early.

PS. I'm based in Tianjin. Nankai University is just 2km from where I live :) Good luck both of you guys. 

Note: You can contact international students office on +86-22-23508686.