Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

16 hours ago, Mengdaoren said:

Anyone else applying to Sichuan University?

I have applied. I'm waiting for the results. They're likely gonna release it next week (hopefully) and I am hoping I don't get in sichuan. My preferences are Zhongshan and Zhejiang (if I got in sichuan which means I'm automatically declined other two) 

Hmmm... I was just told that I probably won't receive a scholarship if my status on the CSC website has not changed already. Has anyone else been told the same thing? Can anyone who received a scholarship verify if their status on the CSC website is different from "in progress?" I would appreciate the help :)

Good luck to all!

Also, do any Americans know the contact person at the American consulate in D.C.? I've had an extremely hard time contacting him/her. An email address would be really helpful... the "contact us" page on their website is down -_-

@Mengdaoren based upon past years some status changes some doesn't. It's apparently rare it changes and you don't get it but it not changing doesn't mean you won't get it. If that makes sense. Basically it's quite a poor indicator overall. 

@Mengdaoren Yeah I agree. I'm not sure who told you that but I wouldn't worry unless it straight up said "denied" or something. People in this forum previously who received the scholarship were saying their status didn't change and also said last year people's statuses never changed. Definitely hope its not true I'm still "in progress" as well haha

I emailed my school today (Southwestern University of Finance and Economics in Chengdu 西南财经大学) and they told me they haven't even heard from CSC yet... 唉好痛苦呀

Anyone else applied to Huazhong University of Science and Technology ?

They said they gonna release the results after mid-july, but there is only one week left to the end of the month ? and the more I wait the more expensive will be the plane ticket to go to China, it's quite annoying ?

In my opinion, the way they working are very terrible. According to the official csc website in my case, they explained that "type B csc would send the list of students who receive scholarship back to the university before 30th June" but untill now I have gotten nothing. Afterward, there are without explanation from csc and my university, even I send the email to ask my applied university so many times. And the time for registration in China would be around 28th August. Do they really think that weather the student could prepare themselves on that schedule. They make me feel like they are not professional at all! 

• Like 1

That’s exactly the situation that I’m in now. I received notice from my school stating that I will be granted scholarship last week, and the status on csc portal is still “in progress”. So don’t worry, don’t loose hope, maybe good news is on its way ?

What's the csc portal you guys talking about ? Any links ?

For my university it was "apply to HUST and CSC at same time" so I think it might be different.

And I just saw that last year's results were announced on the last week of August... Seriously ? 

Let me join the complaint boat as well! I have actually been admitted by my university, but I have yet to receive my 录取通知证 from my university, which I need to apply for a visa. I really hope they give us more than two weeks notice to prepare for school...

On top of that, I haven't heard anything about the scholarship, and the US consulate in D.C. won't reply to my emails.