Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@Mengdaoren As far as I know, the embassy would only have results for people that applied through them. If you haven’t already, I would contact the university that you applied to and see if they can give you any info.

I applied through the embassy in D.C. so I’m going to give them a call like you did to find out if my name is on the list.

@mkmyers45 Thanks for your reply. Surely next time I will apply by University portal. I think that dealing directly with university is much, much better.

At this point I think they didn’t even send my application to my target universities.

It is a russian roulette. 

Well, we will all find our own way, hopefully.

p.s: Did you know if you got it or not?

Really happy to find myself on the list of EU window scholarship winners today. 

So for future reference to all the doubtful future applicants (as I was), it is indeed possible to win the CSC twice. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

Hey guys I'm in a little bit of a weird situation. I applied through the embassy, then applied to my three universities directly as well. (Tongji, SJTU, SUFE)

I heard from SUFE and SJTU directly and was even notified that SJTU was recommending me as a great scholarship candidate. I didn't hear anything at all from Tongji, so I assumed I just didn't get in. I had an interview with SJTU and SUFE, nothing with Tongji.

In the meantime, I was also told I was accepted as a candidate through the embassy program. I just emailed the embassy and asked if they had information, and the contact said I was chosen for the scholarship, but by Tongji, not SJTU.

On the SJTU portal I'm still being processed for their Type A CGS scholarship and I've been admitted to the school. Although Tongji was my first choice originally, after not hearing from them I got myself really excited about SJTU. 

Im curious if it's possible I could be chosen for Tongji through the embassy program, and SJTU through the university, and choose which one I'd prefer? At this point I would rather attend SJTU, even though my first choice was Tongji. Hope someone can help me out here!

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

@squailee yeah, I had Tongji as my first choice because I have a friend who goes there. But after not hearing from them, I thought more and more about SJTU and decided I'd rather goto the better school over the school my friend is at.

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

I asked the US Embassy contact if it's possible I could be selected from both schools, this is the answer...

IMG_4857.thumb.PNG.87ee585c86eb1486e84be58d7a777159.PNG

She says I need to make my own decision, which sounds like I can choose either one, but then says I need to let her know if I'll accept the CGS. I'd like to accept the CGS but for SJTU. Does anyone know if this just means I need to let her know if I'll accept it for Tongji?

My biggest concern is that the results for SJTU haven't been announced yet. Tongji was my first choice through the embassy, so I think being accepted there by the CSC means I should have a good chance of being accepted for SJTU right?

It might be foolish to decline the selection by Tongji to potentially get the scholarship for SJTU, because I don't know how certain it is.

2 hours ago, shamaziav2@yahoo.com said:

It might be foolish to decline the selection by Tongji to potentially get the scholarship for SJTU, because I don't know how certain it is.

Both are great universities. I would prefer SJTU over Tongji unless your subject is quite famous in Tongji. I have been nominated by Tongji under SGS scholarship. If you get Tongji will be seeing you in the future. Haha, Good luck. 

And, If you have applied to both the universities under CSC only then either you will be given a choice by CSC or first come first serve.  If Tongji sends your documents earlier then you got the Tongji and CSC will decline the second university. 

Its weird that when I applied for a masters through Fudan in 2015, I was updated in May that I had been nominated by the school and in June was told I got a scholarship.

Applying for a doctorate at Zhejiang University....still no answer, no updates, anything. I contacted the school and they said they would post the results by the end of the month, but I need to make plans (if I don't get admitted I need to find a job and can't afford to wait forever for an answer).

Has anyone applied directly through Zheda? Heard anything or been updated at all along the way or is everyone else also completely in the dark?

I'm really confused. If the list that was released and posted here yesterday (EU Window) was a list of scholarship awardees for university program (not embassy route, as someone clarified), doesn't that mean that the scholarship results should have already been released because they wouldn't have the list if the process hasn't been fully completed yet? Although I'm not from the EU, isn't that a weird indication that there has to be results released by now. But anyway, last year as far as I observed in this forum, the latest people got results was during the first weeks of August (which gives little to no time to prepare, not even mentioning how expensive plane tickets are). Let's just keep e-mailing our universities for updates.

• Good question! 1

@MSG9 Hey I don't think its the university program or the embassy because there is another scholarship route that is for EU students only so I believe it is those results. The university results seem to be the slowest and last priority for the CSC

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 洋人丹 said:

Has anyone applied directly through Zheda? Heard anything or been updated at all along the way or is everyone else also completely in the dark? 

I feel you. I applied to Zheda as well (doctoral program , type B). They were pretty clear in our first conversation that no emails would be sent regarding progresses made during applications and the outcome would be most probably published before end of this month in ZJU's international school webpage.

By the way, which program did you apply for?

2 hours ago, 洋人丹 said:

have applied as well, waiting for results.