Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@Abmens What do they mean by "waiting list"? You should perhaps try calling their office directly during office hours (Beijing time ofc);because e-mails can get very vague 90% of the time. I sent them an e-mail right after they informed me about my documents regarding whether or not it means I got the scholarship, and they didn't reply at all (geez). 

I'm tracking the package, so I'm expecting it to come tomorrow or on Thursday. I'll just see by then, I guess. Let's keep updating each other in this gruesome process ?

@Abmens the email is very clear.. The uni send two list 'first choice list' and a 'waiting or reserve list' people on the waiting list are considered if for any reason anyone in the main list doesnt get it...BTW what is your admission and CSC status saying?

• Good question! 1
  • Helpful 1

• New Members

Dear,

I applied csc scholarship with type A since last March, 2018. But I don't get any mail and any admission letter from any university in china till present time. Now, my status is ''In Progress'' but I do not get any contact. So, I want to know that I will be failure in this scholar?

@Abmens i think @HenryUfomba is right.

Under d list u either see formal or waiting list/alternate/pending. Yes it has all been forwarded to csc for approval but i guess those with formal are first given but if for reasons know to csc they decide not to offer someone on formal. You would be the first to be consider or peradventure the person rejects the scholarship or csc wants to increase the quota of student they want for a particular school.

Yes it is done like that. I remember i applied last year to taiyuan uni of tech. They mail me telling me they regret to inform me that csc didnt allow them to accept student for my major.

I asked why

They said it was a surprise to them. And that was how i lost the oppurtunity. They encouraged it to apply to their uni scholarship but i didnt.

In conclusion, it all depends on csc. They choose who to offer. Nomination makes you stand a better chance but that is no guarantee. So its Ok to be prayerful and optimistic.

Definitely the anxiety ends dis august.

• Like 2

Yes i am also an aspirant. But atleast i have a year experience bcos i applied last year and i followed this forum judiciously. Trust me when i say csc portal status doesnt matter. Yea, university portal matters buh csc portal status doesnt. Judging by scholarship recipients who share their testimony last year while i followed. Some had submitted' and still got d scholarship. I had a friend who status was 'in progress yet he didnt get d scholarship.

What gives hope is if the school contacts you and what gives joy is if csc approves the list forwarded by d uni or embasy or whatever. So there is a possibility csc can reject you even when the school nominate you(rare). And it is also possiblity that when d school nominates you as their preferred candidate, Csc cn still change your school. So since the funding comes from csc. The school only has 40percent say. 

And i also noticed from last year forum that schools normally releases two list. The first list are informed and gets their document before those in 2nd list.

So i advice we should all be checking our inbox for mails. Once you are awarded, the first thing the institution does is to send you and email informing you to await for your documents before they send it or the embassy informs you depending on the form of application. 

Soon i believe people would start sharing the good news. 

If you are still confused. You can scan through last year(2017) forum.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 3

7 hours ago, HenryUfomba said:

@Crucoiderz what was your online admission status and CSC? Did you get Embassy recommendation? 

Hi, my online admission status and csc still in progress, nothing changed. I did  not get any Embassy recommendation.

I was in the list of csc first choice list, but the final result is already out.

you need to call the office to know for the final result.

My embassy contacted me to collect my Admissoon notice and Visa application which they received from NAU. 

So basically that's it, after i get my visa it is all done and I am fully enrolled?

Congrats to everyone who also got it, btw my status is still "In progress" lol.

12 hours ago, Crucoiderz said:

Guys, Sun Yat-sen university is out, but you need to call the office to get for the details!

because the csc and school portal status still the same.

they say they will send the admission notice and JW for visa application in few days 

When they gonna publish the list? How did you find out the details? I'll try to email them then.

2 hours ago, Ampicillin said:

When they gonna publish the list? How did you find out the details? I'll try to email them then.

I didnt find the list, i called the office, you can call the office through this number +86-020-84110819. They say they will publish and send the admission notice in a few days.