Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@Aimee Deng

For non-degree programs, you don't need to attach letter of recommendation. You can add them, but its not required to apply. I applied without them last time and I got it so keep that in mind. 

@Ampicillin Yeah all test results should be attached to the health form. Otherwise they would think you forged your info. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

@Angelina Thank you. Yeah!

@Nnedi Ugo Thank you but how would I attach all blood reports? I get only one copy of it from the hospital but I'm going to apply to couple of universities. Shall I color copy and attach along with physical examination form? Also, do we need to submit Notarized copy of physical form or just plain copy would be enough? 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 2:30 PM, Ampicillin said:

One needs to notarize it? I will graduate in July but if the university provides me with a letter with the date and university stamp on their official university letterhead pad do I still need to notarize it? I was thinking of colour copy them! 

@Ampicillin You still have to notarize the copy

@Ampicillin On the back of the Foreign Health Exam, you should've did some tests for Syphilis, HIV, and EKG. Ask the hospital for a copy of those records and attach them to your form for submission. Just make sure you send the embassy a copy and not the original form. It varies from country to country. My embassy never mentioned that we have to notarize the physical form so I am not gonna bother doing that. 

• Helpful 1

I am currently in my final year going to graduate. However since graduation is after the deadline for submission , for the section on Highest Transcripts and Highest Certificates can i use a letter from my university saying when they come out i can give them?

Or do i have to use my secondary school transcripts and certificate?

10 hours ago, yanlei said:

I am currently in my final year going to graduate. However since graduation is after the deadline for submission , for the section on Highest Transcripts and Highest Certificates can i use a letter from my university saying when they come out i can give them?

Or do i have to use my secondary school transcripts and certificate?

Yep secondary diploma and transcripts will do just fine. They will probably ask for your college degree after you apply. I would suggest you contact your local embassy just to be sure and also ask the schools that you plan on applying to as well. Maybe they can help ya out. 

I made a video and placed it on Youtube on how to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship. It's quite long, but goes into detail on how to do it. I hope this helps. Let me know if I am missing anything or any links.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Yeah I should contact them because in my country our transcripts are our secondary school diploma ( Ireland) .They are the same document. From my understanding I don't need to get them notarized because they are in English already?

I am also planning to submit in the one PDF: A letter from my university explaining when my transcripts and cert will be available (stamped) and the secondary school transcript/cert.

Think that's a decent plan?

Hello! I would just like to ask. I am interested in taking non degree chinese language and I am applying for the Chinese government scholarship. I do not know when does classes start in China. 

Can I apply to study this program (with the scholarship) and start in early feb 2019?
I want to apply for the scholarship now, but start next year on the spring semester.

Thank you very much!

• New Members

Hi guys!

I just have a simple question:
1) Does the medical test (incl. blood test + xray) have to be taken in the passport country you are using in your application or can it be undertaken overseas (as I am travelling atm and do not want to miss out on the application).

Thanks!

6 hours ago, china2k18 said:

Does the medical test (incl. blood test + xray) have to be taken in the passport country

Can be done at any qualified hospital.. (don’t know about every country’s requirements though) I’m applying through the US embassy and I’m getting mine done in Vietnam. 

• Like 1

• New Members
8 minutes ago, tinatina said:

Can be done at any qualified hospital.. (don’t know about every country’s requirements though) I’m applying through the US embassy and I’m getting mine done in Vietnam. 

Fantastic. How did you go about sorting that? Did you ask the US Embassy first or the Chinese Embassy in Vietnam? Do the results have to be in English? Thanks for the reply, it helps alot :)

23 hours ago, vonnnnnn said:

anybody know where to find the program code for fudan university?

i want to apply for master taught in chinese for international trade major

fudan.png

List of agency numbers are here

22 hours ago, Amiee said:
Hello! I would just like to ask. I am interested in taking non degree chinese language and I am applying for the Chinese government scholarship. I do not know when does classes start in China. 

Can I apply to study this program (with the scholarship) and start in early feb 2019?
I want to apply for the scholarship now, but start next year on the spring semester.

Thank you very much!

And yes you can apply now but start in the second semester. There's an option on the application to add the start/end date. School starts in Feb 2019 so you're all set and typically ends in late June/Early July. 

• Like 2

On 2/11/2018 at 8:09 AM, yanlei said:

Yeah I should contact them because in my country our transcripts are our secondary school diploma ( Ireland) .They are the same document. From my understanding I don't need to get them notarized because they are in English already?

I am also planning to submit in the one PDF: A letter from my university explaining when my transcripts and cert will be available (stamped) and the secondary school transcript/cert.

Think that's a decent plan?

Not sure, but its worth a shot. They are pretty lax when it comes to things like this so I wouldn't be concerned. 

• Like 1