Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Hey everyone! Yesterday I checked the link for Zhejiang University scholarship results and those results are only for  the  Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program scholarship, not the Chinese Government Scholarship, which is different! Both are managed by CSC but are completely different scholarships! So pay more attention and don't lose hope, people!

Yeah, they probably have some other lists that they will come out. I remember that when I did my masters, I ended up being on a different list than the one I applied for (they have another one that seems to be just for US citizens). So maybe I will end up being on that list. Not really sure, I'm not really expecting any results, but you never know. Will see what happens this next week.

9 hours ago, Khurram Javed said:

Happy to share that after months' long wait, finally I've just got the news. Got into Nankai University with full CSC scholarship. 

@Khurram Javed Hello, Which course did you apply for, and at masters or Doctorate..Besides  was there a list or you got contacted by your Embassy??

@Dianasy I have been mailed about two days ago by their international affairs office. Looks like I got the scholarship (CSC-university program) and they wanted me to accept it. They also said that will be sending the admission pack within two days (on Monday, I suppose).

Try contacting zhenmeng@gse.upenn.edu for more details (she said they were having issues with their administrative mail).

Good luck!

Happy that I was awarded the scholarship as general scholar to BLCU! Anyone else? Also I'm a little confused - what is the monthly stipend for general scholars and how do you get it? Does your university give it to you monthly? I was reading on a website it is 3000 rmb but I think maybe that info is outdated - is it 1700 now?

• Like 1

@tinatina

Congrats. I suppose that’s the Great Wall scholarship programme.

May I confirm when you got the feedback on your application?

I applied for same and the school contacted by me that they’ve sent my admission docs to CSC. However, I understand CSC and UNESCO still got to make the final selections.

1 hour ago, IdeaRules said:

Congrats. I suppose that’s the Great Wall scholarship programme.

May I confirm when you got the feedback on your application?

I applied for same and the school contacted by me that they’ve sent my admission docs to CSC. However, I understand CSC and UNESCO still got to make the final selections.

thanks, mine is not the Great Wall scholarship programme though, I applied through CSC and US embassy. I got the feedback about 2 weeks ago, my admission materials arrived to me by mail. 

8 hours ago, Maxnexter said:

I have been mailed about two days ago by their international affairs office. Looks like I got the scholarship (CSC-university program) and they wanted me to accept it. They also said that will be sending the admission pack within two days (on Monday, I suppose).

Try contacting zhenmeng@gse.upenn.edu for more details (she said they were having issues with their administrative mail).

Good luck!

Can you check your status through their website? Shandong's university website I mean. Because I've applied through it and through CSC but I can't check my shandas account!