Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

• New Members

Guys, so I was accepted by Nanjing University of the Arts! ? Has anyone come across any up-to-date terms and conditions of the CSC scholarship (e.g. how much exactly it is, is it distrubuted on a semestrial or yearly basis, when does it get terminated, etc.) I really need some info on this and I feel like an idiot for not being able to find out the updated terms. I'd really appreciate the help! ☺️

• Like 1

Guys, is anyone here successful on Zhejiang University (ZJU) CSC UNI-program application ? or anyone with idea on admission policy at ZJU? If so, I would like to know whats with their document shipment policy, will they provide tracking no. for it? Its difficult to get any reply from university especially during scholarship procedures as everyone is aware of. Would appreciate if anyone has some idea regarding this.

Hey guys, I have a question. Is there any chance for me and my friends to come and register ourselves (NAU) a bit late, around the beggining of October (even October 2nd). It states that we should be there until September 5th, but we still have some exams in September so it's impossible. 

We did send a few e-mail requesting this, but noone is replying... :(

@luka.laura from personal experience and that of friends you might struggle as lectures usually start by the end of September and there's attendance requirements as part of the scholarship award. Missing them, especially the first few might be a real issue. I've known them move back registration by a week or so but a month might be too much. Even for exams (I was told to work out a way to sit them in Beijing). Best thing you can do is send evidence of the exam timetable to them and plead and if you don't get email response try ringing. If that doesn't work and you're a month late I don't think they'd be too happy but Good luck anyway 

• Like 1

@koalasenpai it varies on your level of study but is 3000/3500 RMB per month which is usually paid into your bank account each month. You get paid through the summer of your first year but it stops May/June of your second year (this is based on an MA experience at Renmin). 

• New Members

I have been applied for zhejiang university thorough csc as a phd applicant. My status in CSC website shows in progress. I wanted to ask is that have a special meaning? The result of zhejiang university has not been released yet. Many thanks.

@dami1221 afaik you can't apply for it for the same course but I don't think there's anything stopping you applying for it for a different course or masters etc. You can apply for the CSC if you're on a local government scholarship or university scholarship for example so shouldn't be a problem.

@ABDUL1 for this September, highly unlikely but I wouldn't say absolutely not as there are always places recruiting. The only issue might be in terms of paperwork -you'd need to prepare an application with personal statement and health check, they'd have to admit you, award you a scholarship, issue you the documents and then you'd need to apply for a visa and receive it all before the registration deadline (usually first week of September) before flying to China and registering at University. The application deadline for most universities is back in April and the Government Scholarship deadline even earlier. I suspect the only scholarships left would be the ones issued by the university itself and they would probably want to know why you didn't apply earlier than just three weeks before the start of the academic year. Probably better to start preparing, do some research and apply for next year. 

• New Members

Hi everyone, I'm very worried because I still haven't heard anything back about my scholarship application and my status on the portal never changed from Submitted. Does anyone know who I should contact to find out my scholarship result? I'm worried they never received my application! I applied for a Master of International Public Policy at Fudan University and they've already accepted me but the school told me they don't have the CSC results so I'm not sure who to contact. Thank you in advance!