Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@mohsensponsor sadly the status on the CSC page means very little. More people who have "In Progress" get scholarships than those who have "Submitted" but that seems to be about it - people who "In Progress" still fail to get the scholarship and people who have "Submitted" manage to get the scholarship sometimes. Other students from Zhejiang further up in the thread seem to have their results and are just waiting for the documents - so maybe worth contacting the University.

@Tess AU the positive bit is that they've accepted you - this means that you're a lot more likely to get a scholarship - and if the CSC isn't awarded there's a chance you will be awarded a university one. The CSC status doesn't really matter either - you're more likely to get the scholarship if it turns to "In Progress" but there's a lot of people who have received it with it still on "in Progress". If it's submitted it should be received too!
the negative bit is that as far as I know - all CSC results are out and your University really should know by now.

18 hours ago, mohsensponsor said:

I have been applied for zhejiang university thorough csc as a phd applicant. My status in CSC website shows in progress. I wanted to ask is that have a special meaning? The result of zhejiang university has not been released yet. Many thanks.

ZheDa has published results. If you're University CSC program. Check their Official website. 

Today, I received my documents from Tongji under Shanghai Government Scholarship. I guess I'll be applying for my visa very soon. Good luck to everyone and who have not received any results yet keep the hope.

Hello guys, I got accepted for the scholarship this year. They sent the mail just yesterday. I was just wondering about how long does it usually take to process the stipend? I'm in a tight spot financially right now and I need to anticipate how long it will take. 

@AprilWMS It really depends on your university, to be honest. My university recommended to bring two to three months worth of allowance in advance just in case they have delays. But based on what I gathered from people I know who got the scholarship, even if the allowance is delayed, you'll get everything back. So if your allowance is two months delayed, they'll deposit the two months in one go so you'll most likely get your money back regardless. Better come prepared. If not, you may opt for bringing at least for a few weeks - and if the allowance doesn't come in by then, have someone send you over some money and just pay back once you get the allowance ☺

@NARK I don't think there is a list. Even creating one from the posts on here might not be accurate as not all of the universities are covered by posters on this forum. If you want to know about a specific institution you can ask though!

@AprilWMS it seems to vary - if you register at the start of the month you should get a full months payment on the allotted date (sometime around the end of the September would be the first payment). But given the system of bureaucracy in China @MSG9's advice is good. I know of people who received payments in October and November due to paperwork problems. Most Universities will recommend you have a few months just in case. Not ideal but hopefully it'll be fast for you

• Helpful 2

• New Members

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if i got the scholarship for english taught program, do i also need to be fluent in chinese language or at least understand much of it? If i do so, is there any suggestion about how can i effectively learn it while i do my study?

Thnx

@FA16 nope, you are not expected to know any Chinese for the English language courses. You will *sometimes* have to take Chinese classes as part of the scholarship/degree programme though. For the English course you just need to be relevantly fluent in English as that's a requirement for the course entry and is based upon the need to participate 

@FA16 I've heard mixed reviews about english-taught programs from people. Some say that the obvious chinese intonation from some professors make the learning process slightly more difficult to understand. But if you're used to listening to different variations of spoken english (different accents), then you should be fine ☺ Some universities have visiting foreign professors, while some have chinese professors who have received foreign education (hence what makes them speak english better than some others). I guess it all boils down to the competency of the department you applied to. Either way, people I know who have been in english-taught programs tell me that at least you get to learn and get a good experience out of your stay (whether educational or just life experiences in general). I, myself, am going to register to an english-taught program. @tomovhell is right still. Sometimes they incorporate at least one chinese language course for the duration of your stay. (Still helpful because it will help you adjust and make your way around China while you stay there) Some universities consider it as optional though ☺

• Like 1

Just to let everyone know, if your name isn't on the list, you might still get a scholarship...

I just got my admission notice saying I got a full scholarship, etc.

My name was not on the list on the university's website, I got no notices, no information, no updates from the time I applied until getting my admission notice in the mail today.

Moral of the story is, you never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, 洋人丹 said:

Just to let everyone know, if your name isn't on the list, you might still get a scholarship...

I just got my admission notice saying I got a full scholarship, etc.

My name was not on the list on the university's website, I got no notices, no information, no updates from the time I applied until getting my admission notice in the mail today.

Moral of the story is, you never know.

You applied to Zju right? Did you apply through embassy or directly from university as university program?